ethanpricington

Record Store Day 2017

1,475 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Monster Music & Movies said:

Hey folks,

Like the last year or two, Sunday or Monday after RSD (probably Monday), we'll post our remaining RSD inventory here.  We don't have the online sales portal that Bull Moose does, but you can call us or email us (or DM us here but that can be a little slower for us to respond to) & we'll work it out.  And feel free to hit us up anytime with requests or questions & we'll do our best to help you out.

By the way, one other item we just learned about - the Geraldine Fibbers RSD piece isn't going to make it in time.  It's now scheduled for May 5th.

Monster Music / Charleston SC

These guys are awesome in case anyone didn't know! Many a random score after the RSD madness that ensues ... 

On 4/12/2017 at 2:30 PM, Monster Music & Movies said:

By the way, one other item we just learned about - the Geraldine Fibbers RSD piece isn't going to make it in time.  It's now scheduled for May 5th.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't too worried about whether or not I'd find a copy of this one but it was toward to the top of my RSD want list.

So trying to finish up my want list and trying to line up my memories...which isn't always easy.  There are 3 releases that I am trying to remember the info on:

Moana 10"

Aqua - Barbie Girl 7" (is this UK only?)

Gary Clark Jr Split 7"

any help on where they are being released would be great.

My girlfriend wants me to get bangerz by Miley. I guess it's that and UGK. All year I haven't been scheduled to work Saturday and of course I was scheduled at 8 am but luckily I was able to give my shift up. Not sure what time I want to line up at though. 

5 minutes ago, pizza face said:

My girlfriend wants me to get bangerz by Miley. I guess it's that and UGK. All year I haven't been scheduled to work Saturday and of course I was scheduled at 8 am but luckily I was able to give my shift up. Not sure what time I want to line up at though. 

You need to have a serious conversation with your gf. Everyone knows Breakout was her best album.

My main interests this year are several 7". The big ones I'd like are Pearl Jam's Singles soundtrack 7" (to add to my singles NB blue vinyl) and Alice In Chains' double 7". Also if possible look for White Zombie Gods On Voodoo Moon EP on blood red.

Perhaps the 12" Badfish from Sublime and the ELP clear vinyl Brain Salad Surgery. Maybe, lol

:D

2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm going out early in hopes to score Distillers, cuz I never saw a repress of that happening haha. And I'm also hoping to see my dude @soundofsilver as usual. And this year the wait won't be bad since I can play Zelda the entire time :)

We will be through at some point.  I don't think it will be early.  LL has some local DJs coming through, so we might come through after the initial rush.  My guy is coming down Friday night, we'll decide then.  I wouldn't mind digging, cause there isn't anything on the US list for me

With that being said, to anyone across the pond - If you feel like picking up that Idris Muhammad release for me, you will be rewarded for your time.   Thanks!

throughbeingcruel likes this

Posted (edited)

Did anyone else do a Strictly Discs wishlist this year? I usually throw a few items in my request list and they usually get back to me about a week before RSD to request payment details. 

Haven't heard from them yet and my entire request has been wiped out on the site... wondering if anyone else experienced the same. :o

Edited by tonyfranciosa

1 hour ago, tonyfranciosa said:

Did anyone else do a Strictly Discs wishlist this year? I usually throw a few items in my request list and they usually get back to me about a week before RSD to request payment details. 

Haven't heard from them yet and my entire request has been wiped out on the site... wondering if anyone else experienced the same. :o

Angie from Strictly Discs reached out a few days ago. She sent the usual "Will you be attending RSD this year? If not, please update your payment info"

email. I believe the deadline to do this was Saturday or Sunday night.

tonyfranciosa likes this

Posted (edited)

Stopped the local shop and they were organizing their inventory. Got to see a few of the releases I wanted. That Marcy Playground tho. I really wish those The Cure releases weren't pic discs. I forsee getting them regardless.

Edited by RobertSmith