ethanpricington

Record Store Day 2017

1,476 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I was intrigued by that but not enough to brave the craziness that is London RSD. Happy to see its all live cuts. Makes it that much easier to pass up.

Yeah, was weighing up if I need this since I'm not too crazy about live records...but my record store got one, reserved it for me, it's only 15€ and I have store credit...and I'll skip the 2xLP live in Bulgaria :D

Stress On The Sky likes this

Posted (edited)

Amoeba has a short video of their Record Store Day process up on Facebook.  I don't know if you have to be on Facebook to see it or not.

www.facebook.com/amoeba/videos/10155426280098816/

Amoeba has also confirmed they will post their unsold items on the website beginning at 5:00AM PST Sunday, April 23. 

Edited by jackshidt

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, museummouth said:

I'm on mobile!

I'm just teasing. His location is "Funkytown." So, it's obviously a reference to one of the most profound sets of lyrics to ever come out of the 1970's. 

What has happened to good music?

Edit: Upon further, in-depth investigation, it seems those profound words were a metaphor for New York City (possibly). So, if he is in NYC there is actually a chance that the person "camped out" by his store actually just lives on that patch of sidewalk.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz
Eliminator Jr. likes this

1 minute ago, Skacel said:

Haha no not NYC. I'm in UK so it's not too bad. Think they guy was camped out from about 12pm. Banquet tweeted that their queue started at 7am...:wacko:

wow. I'm also going to be a lunatic too. I'm probably going to form up around 2 am. I wont be the first in line, I'm sure. That will provide me with 6 peaceful hours to read, play games on my phone, piss into gatorade bottles, and munch on unhealthy snacks. It'll be a gas!

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

wow. I'm also going to be a lunatic too. I'm probably going to form up around 2 am. I wont be the first in line, I'm sure. That will provide me with 6 peaceful hours to read, play games on my phone, piss into gatorade bottles, and munch on unhealthy snacks. It'll be a gas!

So basically, fill Gatorade bottles?

Fair play. I like my bed too much for that shit. I'm only wanting coheed and my shop has 1. I had my hands on it earlier but it's first come first served and I'm not prepared to risk queuing for hours only for someone in front to buy it first. 

Also, there's a tour edition on eBay going for $350 if all else fails.... :lol: (yeah right!)