My friend was queuing at the shop I usually visit so I went to another one and we agreed to pick up each other's want list items. 

He got 2 things (flaming lips and stooges) and I got fuck all from my list.

Ended up picking up The Cribs and Iron & Wine because fuck queuing for 2 hours and not getting anything :lol:

I have eBay orders for Coheed and The Cure picture discs tho and they were reasonably priced tbf (excluding shipping).

Got mostly everything I wanted at bullmoose and picked up stuff for some people.  I caved and got the Alice in chains 2 x 7"

Was about to go to a Flea market then I decided to stop at Newbury comics and they had one last copy of UGK. Didn't get Coheed but not too worried about that. 

Fucking stoked on UGK, didn't think I was gonna get one especially since they aren't even on sleezebay. 

Just left the first shop. They got two Coheeds and I got one of them luckily. Also got Sunny Day Real Estate and Brother Ali. I'm going to another shop in hopes of getting the Distillers, Balance & Composure, Dillinger Escape Plan, and Against Me.

The sticker on Coheed says it's a splatter, but mine is a swirl, disc one being black and white, disc two being black and maroon. Looks great. 

To conclude my story: I gave up the #1 spot, went home and slept, ordered the one 7" I wanted, played Zelda with my kid and am now going to Home Depot for wood to build fossil hunting sieves so we can go shark tooth hunting tomorrow. 

Big win.

Got to Newbury about a half hour before it opened, was maybe 12th in line. Wasn't even necessary because I feel like the had a shit ton of everything. Picked up Superchunk, War on Drugs (listening now and sounds great), and Jason Isbell. Saw a friend's pictures who lives in Nashville, apparently people were camping out at Third Man for two days.

I'll also say, while nothing was a bargain, the prices seemed slightly less absurd this year. 

43 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Got mostly everything I wanted at bullmoose and picked up stuff for some people.  I caved and got the Alice in chains 2 x 7"

Was about to go to a Flea market then I decided to stop at Newbury comics and they had one last copy of UGK. Didn't get Coheed but not too worried about that. 

Fucking stoked on UGK, didn't think I was gonna get one especially since they aren't even on sleezebay. 

I was in that line at BMoose to, about 20 people back or so, got there at 6:30.

As usual, they had plenty of selection and was able to find everything. The AIC is a nice little piece. 

My buddy got everything for me except Townes Van Zandt - Live at Austin City Limits, if anybody came grab that for me I'd really appreciate it. 

To break up the feed, here are some pics of me doing something fun (why I couldn't make RSD).

Edited by clerk3745