Record Store Day 2017

23 minutes ago, tackman said:

Noise Addict and Goo Goo Dolls were both flagged as "regional" and I'm deep in the heart of Texas so I'm sure they aren't my region. If anyone could grab either / both (and I know the Goo Goo Dolls is a pretty penny) I would appreciate it. I'd wait it out for bullmoose but you never know if they will make it online or not.

Heck, since I'm asking forum members to pick me up, Distillers and Superchunk are the other two on my list. So, yeah. :-) 

Plenty of Superchunk left here in NC.

Another thing about RSD Ebay sales: there are some vigilante / activist buyers out there who deliberately f--- with the flippers.

These guys have no intention of really buying the overpriced title.  They register with new names to Ebay and commit to buy expensive pre-order items, but then they do not pay.   The seller has to wait for 48 hours before filing his non-paying complaint, and he has to wait two more days before he can cancel the order and re-list.  In the meantime, RSD has come and gone and the prices have dropped sharply.   Do this enough times and the flipping will stop ...

12 minutes ago, Klefki said:

Sorry to be a pain, but does anybody know of a UK-based store that does RSD online following RSD?  I'm looking to get the Dead or Alive -Unbreakable (The Fragile Remixes) since it's an Avex remix repress.  Thanks for your help!

Hey - I know Banquet Records so this but I think they have to wait a week or something, so the 29th?

2 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Another thing about RSD Ebay sales: there are some vigilante / activist buyers out there who deliberately f--- with the flippers.

These guys have no intention of really buying the overpriced title.  They register with new names to Ebay and commit to buy expensive pre-order items, but then they do not pay.   The seller has to wait for 48 hours before filing his non-paying complaint, and he has to wait two more days before he can cancel the order and re-list.  In the meantime, RSD has come and gone and the prices have dropped sharply.   Do this enough times and the flipping will stop ...

this is crazy.

5 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Smart but sellers can block buyers with no feedback

I got to 1234 Go in SF around 7am and was like 20th in line (my buddy got there at 4am and was first - he got to shop alone for five minutes and a free Wu Tang test pressing) 

I ended up getting everything I wanted, though am regretting a bit passing on DMB at Red Rocks.

1234 Go is so much mellower than Amoeba, will always be my default RSD shop.