ethanpricington

Record Store Day 2017

1,476 posts in this topic

I don't know why I do this to myself. Walk in 15 minutes after opening, everyone has a Cracked Actor in their hand and not a single copy left. Wait fucking half an hour to check out the way overpriced Field Music and one out of seemingly every other copy of Luna - Penthouse Deluxe. SDRE did not even ship to Canada (I phoned another store for confirmation).

Frustrating waste of fucking time.

34 minutes ago, EverRaiden said:

Woke up at 6 to drive an hour and a half, 80 miles, to my favorite record store. Would've gotten up earlier, but I worked until midnight last night and was  already exhausted. Got there at 745ish which was later than I wanted and there was a pretty decent line. Finally got in at 10. The store had everything behind the counter, so employees had to grab them. I gave one my list, which they recommend. Just Thrice, Coheed, and not as important but Balance & Composure and Pearl Jam. Right before I went in I saw a Thrice label on the floor through the window, so I assumed that was a no go. But there was one copy of Coheed on the shelf so I was sorta content with that. The dude with my list kept pacing behind the counter like he had no idea where any of them were. Finally he reaches for Coheed only for another employee to grab it at the same time. The employee helping me lets go and starts saying there might be more somewhere else and I watch completely baffled as the other employee hands the final copy to the guy directly behind me. After another minute of awkwardly searching, he handed me a copy of Pearl Jam, saying that's all he has left, and went off to help someone else. Since I drove all the way out there I tried to enjoy myself and look through their other records, but I was too dumbfounded to actually concentration. The checkout was going to take another half hour and I could tell the Pearl Jam single would end up in the bargain bin, so I just walked out empty handed. What a waste of six hours and half a tank. All I got was a Snapchat of me flipping off a Dunkin Donuts cup with a Rangers logo.  Now I gotta go directly to work for the next 6 hours and I'm sure by the time I'm out it won't even be worth checking other stores.

Brutal!

Can someone please grab me the Pineapple Express soundtrack? The dumb fuck behind the counter forgot to grab it for me and now I'm super bummed. I'm going to pass out right now, but if someone could please grab it for me, I'll PayPal you the second I wake up (just provide me your info). Please and thank you in advance! 

36 minutes ago, EverRaiden said:

Woke up at 6 to drive an hour and a half, 80 miles, to my favorite record store. Would've gotten up earlier, but I worked until midnight last night and was  already exhausted. Got there at 745ish which was later than I wanted and there was a pretty decent line. Finally got in at 10. The store had everything behind the counter, so employees had to grab them. I gave one my list, which they recommend. Just Thrice, Coheed, and not as important but Balance & Composure and Pearl Jam. Right before I went in I saw a Thrice label on the floor through the window, so I assumed that was a no go. But there was one copy of Coheed on the shelf so I was sorta content with that. The dude with my list kept pacing behind the counter like he had no idea where any of them were. Finally he reaches for Coheed only for another employee to grab it at the same time. The employee helping me lets go and starts saying there might be more somewhere else and I watch completely baffled as the other employee hands the final copy to the guy directly behind me. After another minute of awkwardly searching, he handed me a copy of Pearl Jam, saying that's all he has left, and went off to help someone else. Since I drove all the way out there I tried to enjoy myself and look through their other records, but I was too dumbfounded to actually concentration. The checkout was going to take another half hour and I could tell the Pearl Jam single would end up in the bargain bin, so I just walked out empty handed. What a waste of six hours and half a tank. All I got was a Snapchat of me flipping off a Dunkin Donuts cup with a Rangers logo.  Now I gotta go directly to work for the next 6 hours and I'm sure by the time I'm out it won't even be worth checking other stores.

That's a huge fucking bummer. 

armadillo01 likes this

Noise Addict and Goo Goo Dolls were both flagged as "regional" and I'm deep in the heart of Texas so I'm sure they aren't my region. If anyone could grab either / both (and I know the Goo Goo Dolls is a pretty penny) I would appreciate it. I'd wait it out for bullmoose but you never know if they will make it online or not.

Heck, since I'm asking forum members to pick me up, Distillers and Superchunk are the other two on my list. So, yeah. :-) 

Sorry to be a pain, but does anybody know of a UK-based store that does RSD online following RSD?  I'm looking to get the Dead or Alive -Unbreakable (The Fragile Remixes) since it's an Avex remix repress.  Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, Klefki said:

Sorry to be a pain, but does anybody know of a UK-based store that does RSD online following RSD?  I'm looking to get the Dead or Alive -Unbreakable (The Fragile Remixes) since it's an Avex remix repress.  Thanks for your help!

Banquet Records in London.

23 minutes ago, tackman said:

Noise Addict and Goo Goo Dolls were both flagged as "regional" and I'm deep in the heart of Texas so I'm sure they aren't my region. If anyone could grab either / both (and I know the Goo Goo Dolls is a pretty penny) I would appreciate it. I'd wait it out for bullmoose but you never know if they will make it online or not.

Heck, since I'm asking forum members to pick me up, Distillers and Superchunk are the other two on my list. So, yeah. :-) 

Plenty of Superchunk left here in NC.

Another thing about RSD Ebay sales: there are some vigilante / activist buyers out there who deliberately f--- with the flippers.

These guys have no intention of really buying the overpriced title.  They register with new names to Ebay and commit to buy expensive pre-order items, but then they do not pay.   The seller has to wait for 48 hours before filing his non-paying complaint, and he has to wait two more days before he can cancel the order and re-list.  In the meantime, RSD has come and gone and the prices have dropped sharply.   Do this enough times and the flipping will stop ...

12 minutes ago, Klefki said:

Hey - I know Banquet Records so this but I think they have to wait a week or something, so the 29th?

2 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Another thing about RSD Ebay sales: there are some vigilante / activist buyers out there who deliberately f--- with the flippers.

These guys have no intention of really buying the overpriced title.  They register with new names to Ebay and commit to buy expensive pre-order items, but then they do not pay.   The seller has to wait for 48 hours before filing his non-paying complaint, and he has to wait two more days before he can cancel the order and re-list.  In the meantime, RSD has come and gone and the prices have dropped sharply.   Do this enough times and the flipping will stop ...

this is crazy.

5 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Smart but sellers can block buyers with no feedback