Record Store Day 2017

3 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm thankful that Balance & Composure have 500 copies of their 7" for tour because I didn't even see one. I'd like the Cure comps because I have a feeling they won't get standard pressings, but I guess we'll see. Any leads on Thrice and Darkest Hour?

Both on Discogs:

Darkest Hour: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/10172425?ev=rb

Thrice: https://www.discogs.com/Thrice-Sea-Change/release/10173183

Also sidenote when I saw the Thrice release at my store all the corners were bent pretty badly, not sure if anyone really cares about that, but just a heads up.

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

I think Lakeshore was selling signed copies of this on their website for $100.

Maybe they are sold out now. If I were you, I'd check there before shelling out $150.

Yeah, their site has no mention of it, just directs you to Amazon for the regular copies. The Fb link directs you to all the stores nationally that are taking advantage of this. Luckily two are in Portland. Not sure if I want to spend more than $150 on this though.

13 minutes ago, Andthejets27 said:

Anyone else encounter sibilance issues with The Sunday's record? Not really a huge issue & I'm considering myself lucky since people on discogs are complaining of copies with major warping & off center pressings, but just curious. 

All these issues, glad I didn't find one for @turk99. He may have been bummed at me. 

8 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Yeah, their site has no mention of it, just directs you to Amazon for the regular copies. The Fb link directs you to all the stores nationally that are taking advantage of this. Luckily two are in Portland. Not sure if I want to spend more than $150 on this though.

they were selling copies on saturday, but they are sold out now: http://www.lakeshorerecordsshop.com/product/before-the-flood-trent-reznor-atticus-ross-gustavo-santaolalla-mogwai-signed-vinyl-pre-sale

16 minutes ago, mikewilliamson said:

Anyone able to A/B an original SUNNY DAY "Rising Tide" lp to the RSD reissue?  Wonder which sounds better, if much of a difference at all.

Ive been wondering about this,too . I have an og press and decided not to pick up the rsd one

Edited by Pupples

2 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

If any of the Portland stores still have it, please let me know and I will PayPal you cost+shipping!