ethanpricington

Record Store Day 2017

1,475 posts in this topic

Got back in town yesterday and had a copy of the claypool Lennon delirium waiting for me. I avoided listening to the songs and was very happy with my purchase. I spent way too much on rsd purchases and got everything I wanted. The claypool Lennon is my favorite but the crushed Butler album is a close second.

2 hours ago, Dunc said:

I like it. It seems more like a promo for fingerprints though. It definitely makes me want to stop by there.

That's kind of what it was for. Maybe next year we will do a more RSD specific one. This was our first project so we were just happy to have something to do. Haha. Trying to get our foot in the door with Fingerprints for some fun stuff they do there. This Friday is an acoustic performance by Dreamcar. Hopefully they approve us for that. 

I went into my local RSD place. First time in. Loads of things left. All half price. Peter Hook still there, plus many of the reissues. And they have quite a few RSD titles from years gone by that didn't sell, LPs that were 28 now reduced to 5. It's like the ghost of RSD past coming back to haunt you.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:31 AM, Smellman said:

Did anyone else get a copy of the The Sword's Low Country that sounds terrible?

Four of the five reviews (including mine ) on Discogs describe the same surface noise issue.

I got one but haven't had a chance to spin it yet.  I'll check it out tonight and report back.  But those reviews aren't promising.

9 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

That's kind of what it was for. Maybe next year we will do a more RSD specific one. This was our first project so we were just happy to have something to do. Haha. Trying to get our foot in the door with Fingerprints for some fun stuff they do there. This Friday is an acoustic performance by Dreamcar. Hopefully they approve us for that. 

So it obviously is an awesome record store. 

andrewlucas likes this

3 hours ago, djghost1976 said:

I've never ordered from their store, but what does 'Used/Like New' but sealed mean?   Is that just covering them in case it comes dinged up?

it comes sealed; it just takes FOREVER to arrive, even with expedited shipping (2+ weeks). 

and it was $7 cheaper yesterday.  so there's that.

We have updated our remaining RSD inventory and in most cases dropped prices to their lowest allowable level:

http://monstermusicsc.com/Genre/694747

Also we failed to make y'all aware that local (Charleston, SC) band Jump Little Children, who had a fair amount of regional success in the 90's, pressed a limited run of their of their albums (Magazine, Between the Dim and the Dark, and Vertigo) on colored wax for Record Store Day, & we were the exclusive retailer for them.  We still have some, and you can pick them up at the same link as above.  

Thanks!

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

According to SRC, both of those Cure Comps are getting pressed on black 2LP. So that's exciting. I was interested in them, but not as picture discs. I try to limit my picture disc purchases

Not gonna lie, I let out a big "fuck yes" when I saw that email. I did not want those as picture discs at all.