I apologize for bumping this thread, but I figured this was the most fitting page for this post. Somewhere on VC (I think this thread actually) someone posted about Amazon UK having copies of the RSD version of Coheed's Good Apollo. Well I ordered a copy and long story short it got lost in transit somewhere. Until about a week ago it actually showed up, pretty much ruined. They packaged it in a really thin package and the cover is all sorts of banged up. I haven't had a chance to play the records, It might be playable still. At this point I think it should go to a true fan of the band, because worse case it could just be used for display purposes (yea yea I know, but it's better than nothing). Here are some pics, if your interested in working something out just feel free to message me. 

dp9yqtv.jpg

wHGgRsw.jpg

zWeLCQt.jpg

Edited by Gippej

7 hours ago, Gippej said:

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I figured this was the most fitting page for this post. Somewhere on VC (I think this thread actually) someone posted about Amazon UK having copies of the RSD version of Coheed's Good Apollo. Well I ordered a copy and long story short it got lost in transit somewhere. Until about a week ago it actually showed up, pretty much ruined. They packaged it in a really thin package and the cover is all sorts of banged up. I haven't had a chance to play the records, It might be playable still. At this point I think it should go to a true fan of the band, because worse case it could just be used for display purposes (yea yea I know, but it's better than nothing). Here are some pics, if your interested in working something out just feel free to message me. 

dp9yqtv.jpg

wHGgRsw.jpg

zWeLCQt.jpg

Tell Amazon to shove that up their ass and give you a refund. 

29 minutes ago, Gippej said:

I already did, so as long as they let me keep me it without charging me I'll go ahead and pass it along. I've already got a PM so I'll consider this done at this point.

They need to use something better than those stupid fucking "frustration free" mailers. It wouldn't take any effort to break or severely bend an LP in one of those things. 

4 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

They need to use something better than those stupid fucking "frustration free" mailers. It wouldn't take any effort to break or severely bend an LP in one of those things. 

I've never had a problem with them yet.  And as long as Amazon is willing to handle any problems (which they totally are) I'm cool with it.

9 hours ago, Gippej said:

dp9yqtv.jpg

wHGgRsw.jpg

zWeLCQt.jpg

Damn, son. You buried the lead though, in that they actually are the RSD version.

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

I've never had a problem with them yet.  And as long as Amazon is willing to handle any problems (which they totally are) I'm cool with it.

Right? They're actually one of the better mailers out there.

It was from Amazon UK, not a third party seller. I would have had no problem with one of those frustration free mailers, I haven't had an issue with those yet. This was just some other kind of basic package that couldn't handle all that transit time I guess. Nothing was better than when my brother had a record mailed to him with just a shipping label stuck to the record itself....lol

17 hours ago, Gippej said:

You have probably already worked this out, but the covers for all versions are exactly the same. You could just buy a black vinyl and swap the discs out.