PO Now - Smash Mouth Acoustic "Walkin' on the Sun" Rerecording

Smash Mouth is re-recording Fush Yu Mang as an acoustic album for its 20th Anniversary, and one of the Pledge Music options is for "The brand new acoustic recording of 'Walkin’ on the Sun' now available on vinyl."

So uh...yeah. If you wanna drop 20 buckaroos on an acoustic single (?) from Smash Mouth released in 2017 or 30 grand to have them play a semi-acoustic concert in your home, I guess today's your lucky day!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/smashmouthacoustic

Straight up, Fush Yu Mang is an awesome fast, fun, catchy as heck album.  Still gets me pumped to lsiten to it.  Remember getting it when it first came out at the prime age of 13.  And I remember getting Astro Lounge when it first came out and was like WTF..this is the same band?  But then that record turned out to be awesome even though it was way more poppy.  Smash Mouth's two first albums were fantastic.  No one remembers that.

I definitely love "Fush Yu Mang," just listened to it the other day and found myself enjoying it more than I remember. "Astro Lounge" was tight at the time it came out, if only for Jennifer Love Hewitt-starring music videos. Going to listen right now because it's unseasonably Spring-like here today.

Edit: I'm three songs in and calling it on "Astro Lounge." Though, I remember "Come On, Come On" and it's the only good song on this album.

Edited by jonnywreck
Astro Lounge fucking blows

On 1/31/2017 at 0:58 PM, jonnywreck said:

I definitely love "Fush Yu Mang," just listened to it the other day and found myself enjoying it more than I remember. "Astro Lounge" was tight at the time it came out, if only for Jennifer Love Hewitt-starring music videos. Going to listen right now because it's unseasonably Spring-like here today.

Edit: I'm three songs in and calling it on "Astro Lounge." Though, I remember "Come On, Come On" and it's the only good song on this album.

bruh didn't even get to Stoned

21 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I'm going to go insane if people are still talking about this hipster boner in another six months.

This board is still talking about Marilyn Manson, AFI, and Hopesfall... and that's just the first 2 pages. 

You'll be alright if it's July and people are still talking about one of the best bands to come down the pike in ages. If not, I'm sure Hot Topic has some nice colored vinyl from several dozen Warped Tour side acts.