PO NOW: David Bowie - No Plan EP

"This is an exclusive made-to-order, one-time-run, of a numbered die-cut package featuring heavyweight 180g white vinyl, with special laser etching on side B PLUS 12"x12" artwork lithograph.

Made-to-order means that this vinyl will be produced to satisfy the amount of orders received. Pre-orders will only be taken for a limited time, and though it makes sense to order early, the sleeve will be numbered randomly."

This is from the Bowie site. Does this mean it will be for sale in the future? Are they only taking pre-orders at the moment? 

Just now, Sherrie said:

"This is an exclusive made-to-order, one-time-run, of a numbered die-cut package featuring heavyweight 180g white vinyl, with special laser etching on side B PLUS 12"x12" artwork lithograph.

Made-to-order means that this vinyl will be produced to satisfy the amount of orders received. Pre-orders will only be taken for a limited time, and though it makes sense to order early, the sleeve will be numbered randomly."

This is from the Bowie site. Does this mean it will be for sale in the future? Are they only taking pre-orders at the moment? 

They'll take preorders for an unknown amount of time, and then it'll be gone forever. Showing sold out on the U.K. Site officially now and there's about 230 left in the US store. Guessing they'll add another 1k batch at a time?

This was up in the US store last week(I ordered it Wednesday) but with no announcement, so I assume there will be a ton of the litho version. 

I kinda hate myself for paying $50 for an EP, but I hate myself more for passing on the clear Blackstar because "I can't spend that much on a different color."

I am rationalizing this as my do-over...and that I didn't spend $40 on Lazarus...so I saved that money?? Sure, let's go with that.

10 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

You can add to cart? Weird. Maybe they have a location block.

it is showing out of stock for me now but I could add to cart last night. The market will be flooded with these by speculators since the listing clearly states they will press as many as they can get PO's for. A very cynical marketing exercise is this given the stupid price and claims that it is limited when in reality its only limited by market demand over a set period.

19 hours ago, switch5150 said:

I kinda hate myself for paying $50 for an EP, but I hate myself more for passing on the clear Blackstar because "I can't spend that much on a different color."

I am rationalizing this as my do-over...and that I didn't spend $40 on Lazarus...so I saved that money?? Sure, let's go with that.

Yep. This is exactly what they are banking on. I feel completely stupid that I didn't jump on the Blackstar clear at the time, especially when I've spent as much on far less important records. In the end, I can't turn back the clock, but I don't think spending $50 on an EP is going to make me feel any better. I'm surprised they didn't press this on clear.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Yep. This is exactly what they are banking on. I feel completely stupid that I didn't jump on the Blackstar clear at the time, especially when I've spent as much on far less important records. In the end, I can't turn back the clock, but I don't think spending $50 on an EP is going to make me feel any better. I'm surprised they didn't press this on clear.

Let's be honest, it wouldn't have sold out as fast as it when had Bowie not left us so soon.

18 hours ago, Vector53 said:

Let's be honest, it wouldn't have sold out as fast as it when had Bowie not left us so soon.

Maybe. Once I heard the whole album I was pretty blown away. I still hate those videos.

15 hours ago, numanoid said:

So the indie exclusive has the potential to be the most obscure?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. People and flipperpeople are probably ordering multiple copies of the litho limited thinking it will be like the clear Blackstar, but it won't. I went for the indie because of the price and the color sounds cool.

On February 7, 2017 at 0:44 PM, lexicondevil said:

You speak the truth. In the last few days my kinda-being-okay-with-buying-this has turned into my canceling the order and going for the cool looking indie copy. Bowie would understand. 

Looks like the Bullmoose Indie will most likely be the clear blue. It seems unlikely that they would have their own Indie version. Who knows? They will definitely milk this release for every dollar they can.

From the site:

Here’s a recap of the different configurations of the physical No Plan EP.

~ CD - FEBRUARY 24 (available via all usual outlets)

~ BLACK VINYL 12" - APRIL 21 (available via all usual outlets)

~ LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED CLEAR BLUE VINYL 12" - APRIL 21 (available exclusively from independent stores)

~ LIMITED EDITION NUMBERED MADE-TO-ORDER DIE-CUT WHITE VINYL 12" WITH EXCLUSIVE ARTWORK LITHOGRAPH - MAY 26 (Available exclusively here.)