45 Record Player?

46 minutes ago, zuck said:

I've been wanting something like this for a few years now, but apparently just wanting something doesn't make it magically appear in your living room... yet.

There was a guy on the board spouting off gibberish about that theory being real. (Thinking about things makes them happen)

he prob means one of these: 

my family had a couple turntables that did that growing up. no idea if there's a company that still makes them that isn't crosley or similar, I'm pretty sure that it's really bad for the records (dropping them, changing the angle of the needle as the height increases, etc.)

On 2/7/2017 at 7:28 PM, vinyl addict said:

Radio Shack (Realistic brand) made them in the late 60s/70s also I believe.

Off topic, I saw a huge, I mean HUGE ASS, Radio Shack the other day. It struck me as odd because I don't know when was the last time I saw one.

13 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

Off topic, I saw a huge, I mean HUGE ASS, Radio Shack the other day. It struck me as odd because I don't know when was the last time I saw one.

You mean since they went out of business and were just recently repurchased and started opening new locations?

9 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

You mean since they went out of business and were just recently repurchased and started opening new locations?

I guess. My "current happenings in Radio Shack" RSS feed hasn't been working lately. :huh:

Back to topic. I've never seen a 45 player like this. But I'm dying to get a portable player. When I go look at records, being able to play is essential and I always have to bum from friends.

This Singer portable from the 60's is great. I have a friend with multiple of these (for when they break). I've borrowed his and it's wonderful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SINGER-PORTABLE-TURNTABLE-RECORD-PLAYER-BATTERY-OPERATED-33-OR-45/401271143822?_trksid=p2050601.c100607.m4280&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160203162359%26meid%3D943f021b77884c48a1d330f0d8f48b5c%26pid%3D100607%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D401272403934

If you are looking for a good portable turntable for testing stuff out on the fly, but also something that won't kill the records you are testing...get a Vestax Handy Trax.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vestax-Handy-Trax-Battery-Powered-Portable-Turntable-/152416907239?hash=item237cc16fe7:g:3iYAAOSwjDZYj8kx

On 2/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, vinyl addict said:

Radio Shacks weren't all closed down, there's still a bunch that never got shut down.

Some definitely stuck, I've been buying electrical equipment from one for the past five years (unless the reopening happened before that- five years isn't very long).

Edited by EGsynergy