PO: Mark Lanegan Band - Gargoyle

54 minutes ago, Mr Mojo said:

What the fuck!!

I get pissed off when there's no limited at all at first, then all of a sudden there is a red one (that I order), and a few days later an even more limited version?! Bastards.

Just cancel the red vinyl. Right? If you just want the rarest copy. 

20 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Just cancel the red vinyl. Right? If you just want the rarest copy. 

Bullmoose don't ship abroad so that's not really an option for the guy. To be honest its only a 100 less than the EU limited and even if they did ship to the EU the shipping alone would bump the price horribly. I personally wouldn't lose sleep over it. It's not like the colour copies were priced higher than the standard black so you haven't paid for the privilege of exclusivity and being that these are just bog standard solid colours  its not like the US white is going to be the most visually thrilling in comparison to the EU red.

I mean Lanegan's American so having a limited edition for the US market makes sense. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Die Laughing said:

SRC shipped it to me on black when I ordered the white.  Will update here when the results of their customer service is known.

Don't worry about doing that. We already know how it is going to turn out and the fact that you ordered from them at this point is more worrisome on you than them. 

This is not a SRC customer service thread

21 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I dig the whole record. Very chilled out. More electronics than I was really expecting but it all flows nicely. Can't really pick out any steadfast faves yet cos I've only spun it once so far.

The electronic elements are what turned me off a bit. It has an 80s sounding goth/post punk feel to it. 

Still giving it some spins as I do really enjoy mark's voice. Some of the lyric choices by him on this one are kinda weak, which is another aspect that I have always enjoyed about Mark

43 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Don't worry about doing that. We already know how it is going to turn out and the fact that you ordered from them at this point is more worrisome on you than them. 

This is not a SRC customer service thread

I'm not a record company nerd, didn't know they had a bad rep.  And I'll post here as I see fit, LOL.

On April 28, 2017 at 8:22 PM, youspinmeround said:

So those who have listened what do you think?

I listened twice and nothing really stood out. 

Nocturne is the best song on the album, imo

Huge Lanegan fan but this release isn't really landing for me. I've tried a bunch to get into but I only really dig a track or two. 

Hope others are having more luck. 

On 4/29/2017 at 11:04 AM, Stress On The Sky said:

I dig the whole record. Very chilled out. More electronics than I was really expecting but it all flows nicely. Can't really pick out any steadfast faves yet cos I've only spun it once so far.

I would agree with this. Blue Funeral seemed oddly disjointed though full of good tunes. This one is far more consistent in a good way. Me likey.

Struck out getting the indie exclusive at a local shop so I gave it a few listens on spotify instead. I really like the first 5 tracks but I'm a little iffy on a couple tracks towards the middle. Overall though, I think this is a good album that will probably get more plays than Phantom Radio, which while solid doesn't have me going back for listens as much as Blues Funeral did.