PO Soon: The Vinyl Collective Story

25 minutes ago, rooks said:

I didn't care that it was out of /50.   I just prefer black vinyl. I don't necessarily think black vinyl sounds best in every scenario.  I really just like the way it looks and I like to own newly released music record album titles on black vinyl, preferably thinner, non 180-gram vinyl as well.  I like the look and feel of it. 

Ha! Clever.

I heard they are playing all over the country but they aren't coming to my favourite local venue and it'd mean a 2 hour journey to see them. As that is clearly impossible I'm wondering if anyone could secure a special tour edition for me and I'll pay you cost and shipping.

BREAKING:  The band has announced a deluxe-edition trident-fold 78rpm mastered by renowned masterologist MixMaster Mike and pressed on salvaged coral from the soon-to-be-extinct Great Barrier Reef.   It will cost $2499.99 and they charge when you preorder, not when it ships.  If you login at precisely the drop time you will be unable to secure one because they have all been pre-sold via word-of-mouth by friends-of-friends-of-the-label.

20 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

BREAKING:  The band has announced a deluxe-edition trident-fold 78rpm mastered by renowned masterologist MixMaster Mike and pressed on salvaged coral from the soon-to-be-extinct Great Barrier Reef.   It will cost $2499.99 and they charge when you preorder, not when it ships.  If you login at precisely the drop time you will be unable to secure one because they have all been pre-sold via word-of-mouth by friends-of-friends-of-the-label.

Oh shit! Luckily I'm friends with the band on Xanga. They said they'd totally hook me up so I can keep my collection going. Price is a little steep and I'll be eating ramen for a few months/years, but, as long as it's supporting the band!  I also won't have to pay shipping which should save me a few bucks, the drummer said he'd hand it off to me in the VIP room at their next show in my town.  YES!

• jhulud locked this topic