Taking Back Sunday- Self Titled, louder now and new again

2 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

What about all the exclusive band webstore variants? Has anyone seen an update about these?

They posted an update about them (I think it was on Facebook where they replied to someone), and it sounds like they maybe hadn't even been started?? They didn't know the colors and didn't know when they'd be released.

46 minutes ago, nardes said:

They posted an update about them (I think it was on Facebook where they replied to someone), and it sounds like they maybe hadn't even been started?? They didn't know the colors and didn't know when they'd be released.

If you want a copy to listen to until the exclusives come out, or don't care about color, you can get them for like $13 at Deep Discount when they run their 15% deal.

2 minutes ago, zuck said:

If you want a copy to listen to until the exclusives come out, or don't care about color, you can get them for like $13 at Deep Discount when they run their 15% deal.

oh I've had my S/T copy for quite a while... I'm pretty much over variants at this point... just give me the music!:D

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ethereal said:

love how they use a crosley to "test" it. blows my mind that bands and labels do this on social media tbh 

Call me pretentious if you'd like, but you do realize what thread you're posting in, right?  I think a Crosley aptly fits the demographic who are going to be playing these records.  Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but I think the shoe fits this time around.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Call me pretentious if you'd like, but you do realize what thread you're posting in, right?  I think a Crosley aptly fits the demographic who are going to be playing these records.  Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but I think the shoe fits this time around.

What you're saying may be true and accurate. It still doesn't excuse a label from doing it themselves. The label should not be the same caliber as the uninformed factions of they're audience. For shame (on label). If its the band, they probably can't afford a decent table anyway because they are a band.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I am offended! (not really). I own every TBS release and have never owned a Crosley:

IMG_20170613_222934_565_zpslpdjucwh.jpg

(I totally understand your point, this was mostly just an excuse to post this picture haha ;))

Edited by RowBearToe

9 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

What you're saying may be true and accurate. It still doesn't excuse a label from doing it themselves. The label should not be the same caliber as the uninformed factions of they're audience. For shame (on label). If its the band, they probably can't afford a decent table anyway because they are a band.

Correct.  Labels really ought to lead by example and be proud of the product they're standing behind.  A five-star restaurant wouldn't serve their signature dish and wine on a paper plate and Dixie cup.

Edited by Derek™
Autocorrect correction.

47 minutes ago, RowBearToe said:

I am offended! (not really). I own every TBS release and have never owned a Crosley:

IMG_20170613_222934_565_zpslpdjucwh.jpg

(I totally understand your point, this was mostly just an excuse to post this picture haha ;))

Thank you for being an exception to the generalization.  I haven't given TBS the time of day since 2007 or so, but that's a hell of a collection.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Thank you for being an exception to the generalization.  I haven't given TBS the time of day since 2007 or so, but that's a hell of a collection.

You're missing like 30 variants though. 

Not you, the guy who posted the pic. My bad. 

Edited by andrewlucas
Being stupid.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, my tastes have definitely changed quite a bit over the last 10 years but TBS seems to stick with me for whatever reason haha