PO: Skinny Puppy + related projects

morfiend

I'm sure we have a handful of Skinny Puppy fans who would be into these. I know I've been waiting for a Doubting Thomas press for quite some time. 

Doubting Thomas - The Infidel

Originally released on the seminal Wax Trax! label, the Doubting Thomas sessions were recorded in between sessions for VIVIsectVI and Rabies, by Cevin Key and Dwayne Goettel (Skinny Puppy) and also featured the talents of Tom Ellard (Severed Heads). This incredible triple-vinyl reissue is fully authorized by Cevin Key and includes the entire Infidel album remastered, plus the Father Don't Cry EP.

Doubting Thomas started as a collaboration between Key and Goettel, when tracks that didn't fit for Skinny Puppy were collected and stored for later use. By 1990, the two had enough material for an EP, and Wax Trax! released the now-classic and essential Father Don't Cry on 12" vinyl. Later in 1991, Wax Trax! released the full-length The Infidel, which to date has never been issued on vinyl. An anniversary edition on CD came out on Key's own Subsconscious imprint in the mid-2000s, but a vinyl version remained elusive, until now that is.

Toronto-based Artoffact Records is proud to announce a definitive triple-vinyl edition of The Infidel, complete with Father Don't Cry, and packaged in an out-of-this-world triple gatefold sleeve, with restored artwork and remastered audio. Available on black, green, and a collectors' edition pressed on split black/white vinyl.

http://www.stormingthebase.com/doubting-thomas-the-infidel-3x-3lp-vinyl-black-green-guy-effect/

Cyberaktif - Tenebrae Vision 

A beautiful double-LP vinyl reissue collecting the complete works of Cevin Key and Bill Leeb project Cyberaktif.

In 1990, Bill Leeb of Front Line Assembly, as well as cEvin Key and Dwayne R. Goettel of Skinny Puppy joined forces to record one of the most iconic releases in the industrial genre: Cyberaktif! Artoffact Records presents a remastered 2LP vinyl edition of Tenebrae Vision, including both the Temper and Nothing Stays singles, and a rare bonus cut of Nothing Stays, edited by Beatbox Inc.

The double LP is housed in an amazing gatefold sleeve with artwork restored. The audio is fully remastered (sounds AMAZING) and let's not forget that two tracks feature Blixa Bargeld from Einstürzende Neubauten! An epic reissue for an epic masterpiece.

http://www.stormingthebase.com/cyberaktif-tenebrae-vision-3x-2lp-vinyl-black-yellow-splatter/

Edited by morfiend

Good to someone else interested in these on here. Artoffact has been releasing a lot of Skinny Puppy related stuff (cEvin's solo records and most of Download's non-Nettwerk releases) all of which I've been picking up.

cEvin key posted the mock-up of the Cyberaktif splatter pressing last week on Facebook and I've been anxiously awaiting a preorder but the Doubting Thomas release took me by surprise when they announced it this morning. I'm happy to see that they are both "complete" collections (though the DT record is missing some compilation tracks). The Infidel was one of my favorite records when I was a teenager so I'm pretty stoked to be getting a vinyl pressing.

I ordered the /100 pressings of both. Also threw in the Metropolis pressings of KMFDM's Symbols and Tear Garden's Have A Nice Trip that Storming The Base is carrying.

Edited by aphasias

12 hours ago, aphasias said:

Good to someone else interested in these on here. Artoffact has been releasing a lot of Skinny Puppy related stuff (cEvin's solo records and most of Download's non-Nettwerk releases) all of which I've been picking up.

cEvin key posted the mock-up of the Cyberaktif splatter pressing last week on Facebook and I've been anxiously awaiting a preorder but the Doubting Thomas release took me by surprise when they announced it this morning. I'm happy to see that they are both "complete" collections (though the DT record is missing some compilation tracks). The Infidel was one of my favorite records when I was a teenager so I'm pretty stoked to be getting a vinyl pressing.

I ordered the /100 pressings of both. Also threw in the Metropolis pressings of KMFDM's Symbols and Tear Garden's Have A Nice Trip that Storming The Base is carrying.

Yeah, I've been picking up most of the Key releases. I didn't grab Cyberaktif because I found the original press for $1 at a goodwill recently. Really hope some of the Back and Forth LP's get pressed eventually and Puppy Gristle. I have Back and Forth 2 and although nice it's just a bootleg. Gotta grab Symbols soon, forgot about that.

Nice, I enjoyed both of those albums a lot back in high school. I'm not sure I want to spend the money on these as they wouldn't get much play nowadays. 

I think I still have these on CD, and have all of the From the Vault stuff as well. Certain ones I would consider getting on vinyl. I really want the first two Download albums on vinyl, that's for sure. 

I do have the Plateau Iceolator, Download III Steps Forward, and Involution s/t LPs that Flesh Eating Ants Records put out some years back. Beautiful pressings.

I bought the shit out of these! I can't wait. I actually approached cevin many many years ago wanting to do a vinyl release of the Doubting Thomas album as it is pretty much my favorite album (and Skinny Puppy has been my favorite band since 1988) but nothing came of it. I'm stoked it is FINALLY getting a vinyl edition and it is being done by artofact who do beautiful work.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, morfiend said:

Cevin Key - Brap and Forth Vol. 8 now available for pre-order. Options include -

White/Clear vinyl + limited edition green flexi (limited to 200 copies)

Dragon yellow vinyl

Ash black vinyl

Test pressings (limited to 10 copies each)

https://brap.bandcamp.com/album/brap-and-forth-vol-8

Cool cool, thanks for the update. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...