PO Now: Songs:Ohia - "Live at WOCB Oct. 12, 1994" (bundle w/ book)

28 minutes ago, Weino523 said:

Mine just got in today!  So beautiful!  Has anyone had any trouble with their MP3 download code though?  Mine doesn't seem to work :/

it is possible the mp3s won't be available til the technical release date. I have had that issue with download codes before.

mine doesn't show til this Friday or Saturday and I am dying to listen/read the book.

So I didn't have enough disposable income during the time of its limited pre-sale so I was just wondering if anyone grabbed any extra bundles / was that even allowed? I would so so love to have both the book and record in my collection for a price not wildly far from the point of purchase. Obviously this is not exactly the type of thing someone would order to get rid of but figured I'd ask.

1 hour ago, raanmaarz said:

So I didn't have enough disposable income during the time of its limited pre-sale so I was just wondering if anyone grabbed any extra bundles / was that even allowed? I would so so love to have both the book and record in my collection for a price not wildly far from the point of purchase. Obviously this is not exactly the type of thing someone would order to get rid of but figured I'd ask.

No, but keep a really, really close eye on Secretly Canadian's Twitter, FB page, and website over the course of the next week--occasionally, with releases like this, they put a few extra copies up for sale online (I'm thinking of the Songs: Ohia 7'' box, which they had a few copies of). No guarantees, but it's probably your best bet.

2 hours ago, jrodan said:

it is possible the mp3s won't be available til the technical release date. I have had that issue with download codes before.

mine doesn't show til this Friday or Saturday and I am dying to listen/read the book.

okay good to know, i'll try again on friday!!  thanks :) and it'll be worth the wait!

2 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

I think it's kind of crappy SC didn't just do an open order until the book was released i.e. for the entire pre-order period. The bundle sold out a lot earlier than I was expecting it to.

clearly they had to stop at some point prior to release date to make their order of records. they couldn't keep it up until release date or they wouldn't have known how many to press. you snoozed, and losed.

We've all missed pre-orders before, and it sucks. But the original announcement (and a few subsequent clarifications by SC) made it clear that this would be super-limited. I'm all for short-period pre-orders as opposed to long, long periods when it then takes forever for something to get pressed and released. 

36 minutes ago, jrodan said:

clearly they had to stop at some point prior to release date to make their order of records. they couldn't keep it up until release date or they wouldn't have known how many to press. you snoozed, and losed.

They should have publicized what that stop date was, as the site still just says "This limited edition LP is being made available only for those who pre-order this bundle now."

But I realize it's my own fault, I definitely had time/opportunity to order. The two things that held me back were the shipping cost and that I prefer Jason's later S:O and MECo. work to early S:O.  

Edited by ksuwdboots

11 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

They should have publicized what that stop date was, as the site still just says "This limited edition LP is being made available only for those who pre-order this bundle now."

But I realize it's my own fault, I definitely had time/opportunity to order. The two things that held me back were the shipping cost and that I prefer Jason's later S:O and MECo. work to early S:O.

again, whether it says that or not, if the release date is Friday it would beg to reason that they can't keep taking preorders up until release date. common sense was your friend in this matter. I feel for you not being able to get the record, but you had plenty of time to get something that went up for preorder in February and was billed as limited.

as for shipping cost, it still came out to around $51ppd for a limited record and a book, and as I stated earlier in this thread $25 for a book and $25 for a limited lp doesn't seem worthy of complaint.

Edited by jrodan

My copy of this arrived today (after a few USPS delays) and I'm very happy with the package overall; haven't listened yet, but I'm looking forward to it, and I can't wait to crack the book. On first flip-through, I'm surprised--in a good way--that there are so many pictures.

One minor gripe--my copy didn't come with a download code. I wasn't expecting one until people mentioned that they were receiving them in their package, so it wasn't a huge loss. Just annoying.

11 hours ago, TheCowboyPoet said:

Here's hoping the next releases are Nashville Moon and Black Ram LPs. 

Yeah, I mean, I really do appreciate the effort by SC to get previously-unreleased material out there via demos, alternate takes, and so-ons when it comes to the reissues. But there are a few glaring holes in basically everyone's collection that are aching to be filled--it's the 10th anniversary of Sojourner this year, and I'd rather not wait until the 15th for a solid 5-LP-or-so vinyl edition (don't even need bonus tracks for that one). A US issue of  Mi Sei Apparso Come Un Fantasma would also be most welcome.

14 hours ago, simple_torture said:

Yeah, I mean, I really do appreciate the effort by SC to get previously-unreleased material out there via demos, alternate takes, and so-ons when it comes to the reissues. But there are a few glaring holes in basically everyone's collection that are aching to be filled--it's the 10th anniversary of Sojourner this year, and I'd rather not wait until the 15th for a solid 5-LP-or-so vinyl edition (don't even need bonus tracks for that one). A US issue of  Mi Sei Apparso Come Un Fantasma would also be most welcome.

The Journey On boxset was a good step, but that was awhile ago now. Mi Sei Apparso Come Un Fantasma is one of Molina's best albums IMHO, it's a pity it's not more widely available. Impala too has been out of print for ages.

9 minutes ago, TheCowboyPoet said:

The Journey On boxset was a good step, but that was awhile ago now. Mi Sei Apparso Come Un Fantasma is one of Molina's best albums IMHO, it's a pity it's not more widely available. Impala too has been out of print for ages.

I bought a copy of Impala off of eBay for $25 four years ago (just went and checked my receipt)--I didn't realize that it goes for almost 3x that much now. That'd be a good one to get back out there, for sure.

On 5/19/2017 at 10:42 PM, simple_torture said:

One minor gripe--my copy didn't come with a download code. I wasn't expecting one until people mentioned that they were receiving them in their package, so it wasn't a huge loss. Just annoying.

I e-mailed Secretly Canadian about this and they sent me a download code almost right away. Great service by them.

I'm through Chapter 3 of the book, and one thing I noticed (besides how good it is so far): the date of this recording is listed as 10/18/94 in the book, not 10/12. I'm going to Tweet at the author and see if she can provide some insight.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 6:12 PM, raanmaarz said:

For anyone who missed this, looks like there are some copies available: https://www.secretlystore.com/live-at-wobc-songs-ohia