Ion Profile LP - help needed

My Ion Profile LP has been serving me for several years now but suddenly it stopped stopping - that is to say that if it is plugged in then it will constantly spin. I have narrowed down the problem after disassembling it: a spring had come off on the mechanism that actuated the motor contact.

All this being said I need help from a gracious Ion Profile owner. I need a picture of the underside of another unit (cover removed) so I can see how the tone arm mechanism and the motor actuating mechanism connect and wear the spring mounts. I identify myself as pretty mechanically inclined, but after 2 hours of trying every possible way I could imagine they would connect, it still wouldn't cooperate. 

I figured I would try my luck and see if I could get a helping hand on here, as the internet has yielded no other resources for me. I would love to buy a new, better unit (like a Uturn) but cash is sparse at the moment.