If the record don't fit, your cool packaging ain't shit!

I hope you'll indulge my first ever random rant thread.

I've noticed a trend where super sweet packaging has begun to involve bags of some sort.

Not once have these bags actually fit. Sweet as they may look, you can't get the records out without nearly tearing it to shreds. 

If you are lucky enough to get them out, you'll never put them back it. Why would you? You've already dodged a bullet.

Today I received an 8" square lathe that seems to have been packaged in a 7 3/4" wide bag.

Don't get me wrong, the bag is fucking sweet, but I assume it was sewn around the record.

I'll never take it out. The drawstring is just a tease. I had to fold the insert into a U to get it out.

Bottom line, please make sure your product fits into its packaging. 

TL;DR:

maru-box-o.gif

Shenanigans has a perfect example. 

The sweet bags that STB use are 

I may be too lazy to take a pic, but this is the lathe in question (don't judge me you dicks).

Look at it in the bag. It's like a ship in a fucking bottle. How did it get in there and how can you take it out?

http://aurisapothecary.org/releases/aax-132-drekka-call-to-prayer/

RELEASE-132-group.jpg

29 minutes ago, deafening said:

I have no idea who Drekka is or why one would be judged for it, but that is very aesthetically pleasing.

Edit: Unless you're being judged for being lazy? 

In that case

Fuck you.

Yeah, it's a shame to see something that had so much effort put into it be tantamount to useless.

Well, effort into everything other than measuring.

And I finally got up. Compare the size of the record to the size of the opening.

It must be a fucking TARDIS.

zHnMCVB.jpg

14 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

Yeah, it's a shame to see something that had so much effort put into it be tantamount to useless.

Well, effort into everything other than measuring.

And I finally got up. Compare the size of the record to the size of the opening.

It must be a fucking TARDIS.

zHnMCVB.jpg

Even the cat is looking at that bag like 'what the fuck?"

Never been a huge fan of bags, with the exception of my screenprinted hemp bag for Marley and the burlap sack with a burnt hole for Looper.

The bags I do have, have all been oversized.  I'd be pissed if I ended up with one too small, I honestly wouldn't use it.  Find a plastic sleeve and just slide it in beside the LP.

@Metal Mike   Bags Shmags. I released a tape back in 2007 of lofi Islamic calls to prayer from my rooftop in Amman Jordan. This Dekka bullshit copied my idea!!! My tape was named "A call to prayer" and was limited to 23 copies so I am clearly more pretentious with my cultural appropriation than those asshats.

1 hour ago, mootloot said:

@Metal Mike   Bags Shmags. I released a tape back in 2007 of lofi Islamic calls to prayer from my rooftop in Amman Jordan. This Dekka bullshit copied my idea!!! My tape was named "A call to prayer" and was limited to 23 copies so I am clearly more pretentious with my cultural appropriation than those asshats.

Shit, I think I bought that bruh!

I couldn't listen to it though cuz the 2.5" x 4" tape was smashed into a 1.5" x 3.5" case.