PO WED: Heaven In Her Arms - Erosion Of The Black Speckle (First full press!)

deer

Very surprised nobody here has expressed interest in this yet. Heaven In Her Arms is an absolutely incredible Japanese hardcore/post-rock band that deserve soooo much attention. It's getting this wicked 2xLP package, going live noon Wednesday UK time, I believe.

UK: http://dogknightsproductions.limitedrun.com/products/586794-dk100-heaven-in-her-arms-erosion-of-the-black-speckle-2x12-lp-red-silver-200-black-300

Erosion of the Black Speckle is the debut full-length from Heaven In Her Arms (Japan) - originally self-released on CD by the band's own label 'Liberation of Butterfly', Ape Must Not Kill Ape Records later released it as a single 12" and had to remove a couple of vital songs. Now, almost 10 years later, Dog Knights Productions & Moment of Collapse Records will be giving this incredible Screamo record the vinyl treatment it deserves.

You can find the full album on YouTube easily, although that upload isn't the greatest. Hoping a stream will pop up somewhere so anyone who hasn't listened can hear it. Goddamn amazing.

/200 red+grey

/300 black

DK100_STOCK.jpg

I definitely had some HIHA in my iTunes back in the day – way before I could get into the likes of Deafheaven – but scrapped it when I sought to have a library of MP3s in 320.  I guess quality rips are pretty elusive because I still never reacquired a copy.  That being said, I don't remember much about this album but can (and should) definitely revisit it.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I definitely had some HIHA in my iTunes back in the day – way before I could get into the likes of Deafheaven – but scrapped it when I sought to have a library of MP3s in 320.  I guess quality rips are pretty elusive because I still never reacquired a copy.  That being said, I don't remember much about this album but can (and should) definitely revisit it.

Thankfully Dog Knights will be distributing good bitrates of this thing + it should be super easy to get some 320s. I think there's a few spots here and there to get a decent rip, but I'm just gonna wait until I buy the vinyl + they distribute the files. It's a really damn fine album and I think you'll like it. Hell of a debut.

Speaking of albums, HIHA's got a new album coming out in March... if/when there's a vinyl release of it I'll definitely hype it up here. This year's got so much good music comin'.

On 2/14/2017 at 10:46 AM, zaoza said:

Red Dream and Iron Wire & A Canary is my pick.

Yes, mine as well! Had those on repeat back then.

On 2/14/2017 at 5:13 AM, deer said:

Thankfully Dog Knights will be distributing good bitrates of this thing + it should be super easy to get some 320s.

I hope they still send out Bandcamp links. It's rather annoying to me that many of these distribution services just send out iTunes rips. I rather keep using the scene release in those cases.

For other overseas buyers like myself, this is the place to go. I ordered this and their split with Cohol for 7.40 Euros worldwide shipping.

http://records.kollektif.eu/screamoemo/50900-heaven-in-her-arms-erosion-of-the-black-speckle-dolp.html?search_query=heaven+in+her+arms&results=5

2 hours ago, brandy said:

For other overseas buyers like myself, this is the place to go. I ordered this and their split with Cohol for 7.40 Euros worldwide shipping.

http://records.kollektif.eu/screamoemo/50900-heaven-in-her-arms-erosion-of-the-black-speckle-dolp.html?search_query=heaven+in+her+arms&results=5

That's strange, shipping was 8.50 for only the HIHA repress and I am located in Europe. Still cheaper than from Dog Knights though. Didn't grab Trainwreck in the end as the Death-Human box set killed my wallet yesterday, hope it will be available until next payday.

27 minutes ago, anchorlessbodies said:

That's strange, shipping was 8.50 for only the HIHA repress and I am located in Europe. Still cheaper than from Dog Knights though. Didn't grab Trainwreck in the end as the Death-Human box set killed my wallet yesterday, hope it will be available until next payday.

Might be because I'm in Asia and there's no VAT.