PO NOW: PWR BTTM Pageant

41 minutes ago, RedAndBlue said:

https://www.polyvinylrecords.com/product/pageant

Early Bird 180-gram Maroon w Starburst /500

180-gram Maroon /300

Not sure if that is a typo?

Maroon is no longer listed as /300. Probably a copy/paste error that has since been corrected.

Edited by Bro Use for a Name
changed a word

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

yeah so uh, apparently one of the members raped one or more individuals. fun stuff

There have been no accusations of rape, let's not spread misinformation here. 

At any rate, I successfully received a refund from Polyvinyl if anyone is considering doing the same. 

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

non-consent is rape, which is the term they used in their public statement 

Well I really don't want to get into a discussion of semantics here but regardless of how you interpret the words there are concrete and definitive legal differences between sexual assault and rape. 

Anyway, I am deeply saddened by this news. PWR BTTM was quickly becoming one of my favorite bands and like I mentioned before in this thread the new album was actually really good. Unfortunately I have absolutely no desire to listen to it now. Also don't know what I'm going to do with my tickets to their upcoming show, if it's not cancelled in the first place. 

Edited by sethdavid

6 minutes ago, sethdavid said:

At any rate, I am deeply saddened by this news. PWR BTTM was quickly becoming one of my favorite bands and like I mentioned before in this thread the new album was actually really good. Unfortunately I have absolutely no desire to listen to it now. Also don't know what I'm going to do with my tickets to their upcoming show, if it's not cancelled in the first place. 

Tancred, who was the (a?) support act for the tour, pulled out today. 

Edited by tape

We wish we could say these allegations come as a complete surprise, but that is not the truth. Around the time we agreed to a July tour w PWR BTTM, someone came to us privately + warned us that they had these experiences w Ben. They asked us not to share them publicly. At the time we felt we should continue w the tour. We did not want to out the person who had had come to us in confidence. We feared that ducking out of a tour offer with no excuse would damage our professional relationships, many connected very personally to PWR BTTM. This in no way excuses us from culpability. We were scared and confused but we were also selfish. We made a mistake supporting this band. We put our career above the safety of fans who have trusted us and supported us and there's no way for us to remedy that.

Wow... just wow. I'm sorry but fuck this band.

this was in the pitchfork article if anyone is wondering