PO NOW: PWR BTTM Pageant

Just now, twatay said:

Do you actually believe that, bro?

I'm open to hearing anyone's argument (as long as it has a point and isn't based on feelings and nothing more). Regardless, this argument doesn't apply to me since I'm not white so I don't have anything to base it on. From my perspective there certainly is a borderline masochistic self-depreciation culture stemming from the far left. If that's the hill people want to die on then so be it. Personally I don't really care if hate groups want to dress up like ghosts and hang out in the woods like a bunch of assholes.

1 minute ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Personally I don't really care if hate groups want to dress up like ghosts and hang out in the woods like a bunch of assholes.

Ahahahahaha this got me. As for the bro thing I just think bros aren't intelligent enough to remember all those words so bro means like 8 things. I've certainly never drawn any racial thing from it. Plus go in any gym and bros come from all races. Definitely not a white exclusive word down here.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Ahahahahaha this got me. As for the bro thing I just think bros aren't intelligent enough to remember all those words so bro means like 8 things. I've certainly never drawn any racial thing from it. Plus go in any gym and bros come from all races. Definitely not a white exclusive word down here.

In CA "bro" is what everyone used to call guys who wore Monsters Energy branded bullshit and rode dirt bikes. Recently it seems like 90lb wusses have co-opted it as an insult for anyone who exudes any type of masculinity, or more often than not it's focused on any heterosexual white dude who's just hanging out.

Im not too privy on all the new lingo so maybe I'm wrong about the latter. 

35 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

In CA "bro" is what everyone used to call guys who wore Monsters Energy branded bullshit and rode dirt bikes. Recently it seems like 90lb wusses have co-opted it as an insult for anyone who exudes any type of masculinity, or more often than not it's focused on any heterosexual white dude who's just hanging out.

Im not too privy on all the new lingo so maybe I'm wrong about the latter. 

Nah you're right in a way. Bro is definitely an insult but a bro is definitely much more than a heterosexual white dude hanging out. Although it's probably being used that way. Bros have a special demeanor here's an instagram account that fits the bill of using it as an insult instagram.com/securebros

I think it basically started with Barney on How I Met Your Mother.

Edited by Sunshine

Could've maybe saved themselves a lot of trouble by releasing this statement in the first place! Oh well. Still, their (ex?) fan base will read this as a poor underhanded attempt to reconcile with the victim(s), ultimately still leaving everyone in a position of confusion because no one knows who or what to believe. The situation is well and truly screwed.

2 hours ago, whoa said:

Could've maybe saved themselves a lot of trouble by releasing this statement in the first place! Oh well. Still, their (ex?) fan base will read this as a poor underhanded attempt to reconcile with the victim(s), ultimately still leaving everyone in a position of confusion because no one knows who or what to believe. The situation is well and truly screwed.

I think its a completely appropriate response, and although I wish they would have said this all sooner, I understand the need to digest it and get their proverbial ducks in a row.

It's still all he said-she said right now, and if it comes out that the allegations were false, then it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. I think because of the community's rush to judgement, there probably wont be any coming back from this whether it happened or didn't.

19 minutes ago, Jlegg said:

I think its a completely appropriate response, and although I wish they would have said this all sooner, I understand the need to digest it and get their proverbial ducks in a row.

It's still all he said-she said right now, and if it comes out that the allegations were false, then it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. I think because of the community's rush to judgement, there probably wont be any coming back from this whether it happened or didn't.

I think you mean "they said-she said". Check your pronouns, bro. /sarcasm

17 hours ago, sethdavid said:

If nothing else, kids got a real future as a politician. That was one of the best acknowledgments of something without admitting any guilt or apologizing I've ever seen.