XTC have been slowly putting out reissues but not in any real order and mostly focusing on Blu Ray 5.1 audio.  But English Settlement was put out in a nice deluxe box.  And the Skylarking box is the shit.  2XLP 45 RPM all that jazz.  I would love the same treatment to Black Sea or White Music.  Anybody hear anything about what might be next and what to expect?

Also feel free to post anything XTC related in here because dudes come on I did a search and literally nothing came up.

Edited by yancey47

Grabbed the original Skylarking when it was released (the version before they added "Dear God" when it became popular) back in 1986. Saw Todd Rundgren play the next summer in Boston (he produced the album). Skylarking is one of my all-time favorite albums, and the box set is a must-have. 

Still waiting for English Settlement to come down in price before I pick it up.

Would also love to see a Dukes of Stratosphear box set at some point.

11 hours ago, slipcraig said:

Grabbed the original Skylarking when it was released (the version before they added "Dear God" when it became popular) back in 1986. Saw Todd Rundgren play the next summer in Boston (he produced the album). Skylarking is one of my all-time favorite albums, and the box set is a must-have. 

Still waiting for English Settlement to come down in price before I pick it up.

Would also love to see a Dukes of Stratosphear box set at some point.

I think I remember either reading or watching an interview with Andy and he was saying that the record company didn't want anything to do with "Dear God". Also, he hated Todd Rundgren and was at odds with him during the entire recording session. I grew up listening to Drums and Wires, so that is one of my favs.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I think I remember either reading or watching an interview with Andy and he was saying that the record company didn't want anything to do with "Dear God". Also, he hated Todd Rundgren and was at odds with him during the entire recording session. I grew up listening to Drums and Wires, so that is one of my favs.

Drums and Wires is so good. "Reel by Reel" and "Outside World" are jams. But the whole thing is great. 

And yeah the Skylarking sessions weren't exactly  fun times but in the end they all agree that Todd actually did a real good job. The liner notes in the box set  talk about that and have some good stories. Andy's book goes even further. Great read. 

Edited by yancey47

That version of Respectable Street is so kickass and raw. Always wondered if there was a recording of the full concert. Also, Urgh! A Music War is one of the best compilation music documentaries. Some of the bands they include are pretty obscure to most folks. There are some crowd shots where you can see other notable musicians. In one shot you can see Darby Crash from the Germs with his mohawk, which was influenced by Adam and the Ants when he visited England.

XTC is one of my favorite bands ever. Skylarking was my first favorite, then Drums and Wires. That is probably still the case, but damn is Go2 amazing. I keep putting off the Skylarking and English Settlement boxes that just came out. Still pangs me to know that I will never see them live.

• 3 weeks later...