PO NOW: LINKIN PARK - One More Light (May 19th)

28 minutes ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Ribbed this band for years. However, suicide is no joke and hit too close to home recently. Sad to hear, and symptomatic of a larger problem. RIP.

This exactly. I liked a couple of their songs when I was 11 and made fun of them since then, but this isn't something to joke about. I think I'm actually gonna listen to Hybrid Theory tonight.

49 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Kind of unsettling to consider the suicide was probably quite pre-meditated and followed the release of an album called One More Light.

And apparently he was pretty shook by Chris Cornells death. Today was suppose to be Chris' 53rd birthday. I wonder if he had it planned for a while. 

I also find it weird that I never really sing along to linkin park like I use to in middle school but this morning on my way to work a song from hybrid theory came on the radio and I was full on singing it. I was feeling it. Then a few hours later I heard the news. Just kind of strange that today was the day I really let it out for LP. :/ Sucks. He seemed like a cool guy too, aside from being a good musician. 

Hybrid Theory was the first CD I ever bought, so this news was like a kick to the gut for me. 

55 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

He seemed like a cool guy too, aside from being a good musician. 

I had a friend who was working backstage for Projekt Revolution about a decade or so ago, and she saw someone driving around on a golf cart and just assumed it was a roadie. She asked if he could grab her a couple of sodas, and he said "Sure!" and drove off. He came back and gave them to her and rode off again.

During Chris Cornell's set, she took a break to shoot the shit with me and watch his set. Chester walked on stage and she wondered why everyone was so excited. I let her know that he was the lead singer of Linkin Park, the band responsible for tour, and that's when she realized that Chester was the golf cart guy. 

My super late reaction to that single: why are people surprised that a pop band made a pop song? It's not a good song, but I've only heard maybe 5 post-Hybrid Theory LP songs and that one is better than most of those.

Sucks when anyone dies. Mental illness and addiction are some bullshit. 

Can we still make fun of headphone guy tho?