Third Man Records Pressing Plant Exclusive Vinyl

http://modern-vinyl.com/2017/02/16/third-man-pressing-plant-opening-reveal-exclusive-vinyl/

The Third Man Records pressing plant is set to open to the public on Saturday, Feb. 25, with exclusive variants to be available at Cass Corridor.

Opening day will offer not only the chance to see records being pressed, but also the ability to purchase those records being pressed right in front of their eyes. Third Man has lined up a great assortment of freshly pressed Detroit-centric LPs and 7″s that will be pressed in limited numbers / colors / packaging available for purchase ONLY at the pressing plant Grand Opening on Feb. 25th.

Here are the variants set to be available:

• The White Stripes — ST
  • Opaque Red Vinyl/On-site screen-printed jackets.'
  • The White Stripes — De Stijl
  • Opaque Red Vinyl/On-site screen-printed jackets
  • The Stooges — ST
  • 2xLP, extra disc includes “alternate versions, extended jams and unused mixes spanning each track on the album.” Yellow vinyl/on-site screen-printed jackets.
  • MC5 — Kick Out The Jams
  • Yellow Vinyl/on-site screen-printed jackets
  • Destroy All Monsters/Xanadu — The Black Hole
  • Split, previously as 7″ singles in 1979, first reissue.
  • The Johnson Family Singers — Don’t Let The Devil Ride
  • First “third party pressing for the Detroit Gospel Reissue Project record label.”
  • Derrick May 7″
  • Clear vinyl, one-time pressing.
  • Carl Craig 7″
  • Clear, never to be repressed.

Humbly, humbly requesting if anyone can pick me up the De Stijl record -- it's one of my favorites of all time and I would be so jazzed to have it. Would throw you some on top for your efforts. 

42 minutes ago, Sh_tluck said:

I got mad just seeing that stl_ben is going. Hopefully there's a limit 1 per release. 

They always have a one per person limit?! 

Why are you mad I'm going? Upset my TMR collection will be better than yours ? (It probably already is). 

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Humbly, humbly requesting if anyone can pick me up the De Stijl record -- it's one of my favorites of all time and I would be so jazzed to have it. Would throw you some on top for your efforts. 

Seconded...De Stijl is probably in my top ten albums

59 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

They always have a one per person limit?! 

Why are you mad I'm going? Upset my TMR collection will be better than yours ? (It probably already is). 

I'm sure your collection it is a lot better then mine, no bullshit.

Just so many people in here want copies (me included). I'd hate to see someone on here get an extra copy of something and flip it instead of helping one of us out. I'm more mad at the culture of Third Man flipping in general then I am with you. Since I don't know you and all.

8 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Why not just go instead of getting mad that some stranger is going?

Im literally taking off work and flying up there just for this. I have traveled all over the country for TMR events like this, they are always fun and full of great people. 

I'm 17 and can't afford it, but I acknowledge this is a unique case