Third Man Records Pressing Plant Exclusive Vinyl

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Yeah it won't be for everyone , but they will have hundreds in line!

Sorry not hating, I'm just cheap and rarely spend that much on a single title. if I was to spend that much on a copy I'm just saying I'd go for that one. Enjoy your trip!

Man I envy the people who have no problem wasting their money on a single LP for $50 retail, when the same master is available for $20 in any record shop.

It's funny really. They could charge $100 and people would eat it up.

Look at the cool colors tho!

Edited by vinyl addict

9 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Man I envy the people who have no problem wasting their money on a single LP for $50 retail, when the same master is available for $20 in any record shop.

It's funny really. They could charge $100 and people would eat it up.

Look at the cool colors tho!

People pay more for screen prints. And these have screenprinted covers, which I'm pretty excited about. But I hope they're not $50

Edited by dreamover

53 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Right?  You can buy a $10 movie poster at walmart or you can buy a $65 screen printed poster from mondo.

Buy what you want, it's all good.

You can also crudely draw your own movie posters on the back of old Chinese takeout menus using leftover packets of soy sauce. 

That's the best bang for your buck. 

How limited are these exclusives supposed to be? Like 'you better line up hours before' limited or 'just show up at any time when they're open tomorrow ' limited? I might swing buy to get the Stooges record but I don't feel like getting up early. 

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

6 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I'm guessing more like, sold out in a few hours.

Id like to think they are pressing a large volume because they have the equipment to do what they want and not have to ship finished records, but collectible vinyl is desirable and it would be a huge bummer if they ran out by noon.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-jack-whites-new-vinyl-pressing-paradise-w468376?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=022417_11

If this Rolling Stone article is any indication, they've been making these records for at least a week now. For the past several years, Record Store Day releases available in Nashville have been available all day. I don't see this being any different. 

It's a good way to show what they are capable of doing as a pressing plant.  I've seen pictures of color vinyl prototypes (besides the offering  for tomorrow) so I'm sure this is just the beginning of people camping out days in advance for Third Man rare stuff.

Edited by MtrCtyWx
Clarification

2 hours ago, MtrCtyWx said:

It's a good way to show what they are capable of doing as a pressing plant.  I've seen pictures of color vinyl prototypes (besides the offering  for tomorrow) so I'm sure this is just the beginning of people camping out days in advance for Third Man rare stuff.

People have been camping for his records for years. I have 3 times in the past, but it will take something else as crazy as the Triple Decker record for me to do it again.