Third Man Records Pressing Plant Exclusive Vinyl

24 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

The entire set of records was $200 in store.   eBay craziness aside, the staff was saying it will be a very good year to be a Vault member.

9 minutes ago, steeltoeagogo said:

Well I'll be damned. Thanks for showing me this. I don't follow a ton of vinyl only DJs but I've never seen a setup like this before. Very cool

To be fair, they are incredibly rare. Here's an article on them, if you're interested: http://djworx.com/spotted-7-technics-sl-700-turntable-in-the-wild/

Left a couple hours ago. Line wasn't too bad, I waited maybe 45 minutes.

They sold out of Stooges which is the one I really wanted, but they were taking emails and charging for them to ship it out later sometime. Did anyone also do this? Did you receive any sort of confirmation email? Paranoid I might have entered my email wrong haha. 

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

Fun day. Great records. Great bands. Great friends. If you are looking for the exclusives, TMR will have left overs of almost everything ....somewhere. There was stacks and stacks of stuff at the end of the day. Except the Stooges record, which plates were late to the plant. They sold out midday and were taking names to press and mail our copies. But yeah for the most part keep your eyes pealed and you may be able to get them at cost...or I put a couple extras on Discogs if you have to get it now (or if you just want to look at it and make fun of me.)

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

Fun day. Great records. Great bands. Great friends. If you are looking for the exclusives, TMR will have left overs of almost everything ....somewhere. There was stacks and stacks of stuff at the end of the day. Except the Stooges record, which plates were late to the plant. They sold out midday and were taking names to press and mail our copies. But yeah for the most part keep your eyes pealed and you may be able to get them at cost...or I put a couple extras on Discogs if you have to get it now (or if you just want to look at it and make fun of me.)

L

O

L

Only $149.95 for De Stijl

8 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I mean yeah but only like two asked in the thread. It's kinda a VC thing to kindly ask for someone to help them out and only half expect anyone to come through.

I'm sure you weren't expecting that from Ben though.  He just another flipper, and proud of it.

13 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

I actually wanted a copy and asked if anyone could get me one...goddamn people can be the worst

If the worst thing that happens to you is this....Consider yourself lucky

When you grow up, the least of your problems will be some variant record,  whining on a messageboard about flipping or how complaining they didn't help you out. Nobody owes anything in this world, especially some dude of the internet.

This record is out in mass production to the public.No need to own a variant if its overpriced. Trust me, the songs are the same on this as the version you already own

Edited by youspinmeround

2 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

When you grow up, the least of your problems will be some variant record,  whining on a messageboard about flipping or how complaining they didn't help you out. Nobody owes anything in this world, especially some dude of the internet.

This record is out in mass production to the public.No need to own a variant if its overpriced. Trust me, the songs are the same on this as the version you already own

He didn't even say this was the worst thing that has happened to him. He said that "people can be the worst." 

So don't go handing down some "When you grow up..."  patronizing bullshit, like you're all enlightened while you defend the inherent shitty-ness of other peoples actions.

and way to like his post stl_ben you scumbag. I hope the greed that makes you help no one out but yourself gets you all the things you want in life. 

1 hour ago, Barberbro said:

Maybe they'll put some up on the site

They will. As I said before there is tons left over and prices are sure to fall. I helped out several people and yes I am now trying to recoup some of my costs. If you don't want to pay the big bucks you won't have to ...but some folks are so sorry if me avoiding debt offends you so much. 

36 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

They will. As I said before there is tons left over and prices are sure to fall. I helped out several people and yes I am now trying to recoup some of my costs. If you don't want to pay the big bucks you won't have to ...but some folks are so sorry if me avoiding debt offends you so much. 

If the trip put you into debt you probably shouldn't have went. It isn't smart to plan a trip you can't afford around the idea that you'll pay for it later gouging people on records you bought on the trip.

5 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

What a gross exaggeration in response to a complaint that I never followed up on