Third Man Records Pressing Plant Exclusive Vinyl

When I lived in NYC (circa 2012), the rolling record mobile came through. I sat on the sidewalk from 8am - 7pm. I was the first in line, cause god damn I was excited. I bought a Dead Weather Sea of Cowards color split, a Rome 2xLP colored pressing, and a triple decker. I sold the triple pretty much immediately and paid (almost) a month rent with it - "wait, you'll give me $600 for this thing? Ha, sold". I regret nothing. I sold the other two, even though I loved them, a couple years later when I had bills to pay. They weren't flipper prices, but I got my money back and then some. I also regret nothing. I didn't buy them to flip, but damn, sometimes having some rare TMR stuff is like having an emergency fund / savings account on your shelf, and if someone offers you $200+ for a piece of plastic you bet your sweet ass I'll say "ok" (especially if they are in print for one less 0 on the price tag).

Don't blame you for selling them for whatever crazy price you can get @stl_ben. You do you. A record is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Asking someone on here to get you a record is just dumb. Unless you're genuinely friends with them, or they offer, just assume they don't want to. I've offered quite a few times, but I sure as fuck have never asked. I have also stopped offering cause it brings in a swarm of people expecting that you owe them something and being an asshole if you can't deliver. "I'm sorry I couldn't pick up an entire box of tour pressings, even though I was willing to make the 4 hour drive to see the show, and you weren't, dude."

Anyway, I'm gonna go spin my $18 180g copy of Stooges S/T and be happy, cause that album is fucking amazing, and I'm just thankful it exists. Yeah. I think people just need to be more appreciative for the actual music, and not the limited format it might be released as. Lastly, I'm glad TMRCC exists, cause that's pretty fucking cool. I have nothing but good things to say about TMR, Jack, Ben, and the gang.

Edited by Dave Grohl
I say oh my and a boo-hoo.

On 2/26/2017 at 7:48 PM, unknown pleasures said:

I stopped trusting people the day I gave a kid at school my last Hi-C Ecto Cooler for the promise of a Pacific Cooler Capri Sun the next day. 

Damn you little Timmy Henderson. Damn you to hell. 

Pm your address, I'll send you a hi c ecto cooler because nobody should have to fight ghosts on an empty tummy.