PO: Ulver - The Assassination of Julius Caesar

morfiend

36825ce7-a7a7-42a8-9558-3cbdf448fb25.png
                                                             House of Mythology Newsletter 21/02/2016

Following last year’s highly successful ATGCLVLSSCAP, an album of largely improvisational, rock and electronic soundscapes, comes a brand new studio album from Ulver – their first since 2011’s Wars of the Roses.  

The Assassination of Julius Caesar arrives 7th of April and pre-orders went online a bit earlier today. In addition to unlimited black we have pressed 500 gold, 500 clear/transparent and also 300 gold/black marble versions of this colossus of an album.

Unfortunately the band jumped the gun – before we had time to write this – and
 the marbles were gone with the wind mere moments after their Facebook post today. Not in our wildest dreams had we foreseen such enthusiasm. So, our sincere apologies to those of you who did not see said post or get a heads up from us. We hope you can forgive us and enjoy a regular gold, or clear, of which there are still plenty left.

06eb9514-9675-440f-afcd-01586906d982.jpg

The thing comes as 
180 gram vinyl housed in black poly-lined inner bag, thick (matte) card stock sleeve, 5mm spine, including a 12” matte paper booklet, 24 pages. All in protective PVC exterior sleeve. Recorded and produced by Ulver and mixed by legendary producer Martin ‘Youth’ Glover alongside Michael Rendall. 

SIDE A: Nemoralia, Rolling Stone, So Falls the World, Southern Gothic
SIDE B: Angelus Novus, Transverberation,1969, Coming Home

Never afraid to make bold musical statements or broaden their already expansive sonic palette, this new album is no exception. We predict that jaws shall drop!

The band also has some select live performances on the horizon, where they will be presenting this new material:

Friday 21-Apr: Safe As Milk Festival @ Pontins, Prestatyn, Wales
Sunday 23-Apr-2017: Roadburn Festival @ 013, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Saturday 29-Apr-2017: Impetus Festival  @  Les Docks, Lausanne, Switzerland
Sunday 30-Apr-2017: Donaufestival 2017 @ Krems, Austria
Thursday 15-Jun-2017: Dark Mofo Festival @ Hobart, Tasmania
Friday 30-Jun-2017: Prog Be My Friend! @ Poble Espanyol, Barcelona

Ad 
victoriam wolves, 

House of Mythology

• 1 month later...

Have you guys heard this yet? I've been listening to it all morning and I'm very impressed. It's definitely the most accessible record they've done (not counting the covers album) and for the most part is electronic pop. It's a beautiful record all around, the vocals are great (including some female ones) and I love the atmosphere all the tracks create. This could be album of the year material for me. 

23 hours ago, morfiend said:

Have you guys heard this yet? I've been listening to it all morning and I'm very impressed. It's definitely the most accessible record they've done (not counting the covers album) and for the most part is electronic pop. It's a beautiful record all around, the vocals are great (including some female ones) and I love the atmosphere all the tracks create. This could be album of the year material for me. 

I am totally intrigued now!