PO: At The Drive In - in.ter a.li.a (release date 5 may)

17 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

That /2250  variant reads like a joke. I really can't wait to see to what extent that one is NOT simply "purple."

100% what I was thinking.  Reminds me of all the threads where someone makes the (terrible) joke – "No dude, that's not black vinyl.  It's a super rare black and black and black tri-color with black splatter!  Put it on eBay hahah."

7 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

I know this leaked and surprisingly Ive been hearing a lot fo great things about this.  Cant wait until mine arrives tomorrow or Thursday!

I got my copy of this today and it's super great! Governed By Contagions is mixed differently in the context of the album and I feel as though it sounds much better. 

spinning my copy now.  can't believe we seriously have a new ATDI album.  my first reaction is it sounds way more like an Antemasque album with the vocals.  But I mean, obviously Cedrics voice has changed a lot in 18 years.  Just doesn't sound much like ATDI.  I don't dislike it by any means, its just not the ATDI vibe.  Couple more spins though and I'm sure I'll be hooked.  Hope they tour the US again this fall.  Their show last month in NYC was amazing.

34 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

spinning my copy now.  can't believe we seriously have a new ATDI album.  my first reaction is it sounds way more like an Antemasque album with the vocals.  But I mean, obviously Cedrics voice has changed a lot in 18 years.  Just doesn't sound much like ATDI.  I don't dislike it by any means, its just not the ATDI vibe.  Couple more spins though and I'm sure I'll be hooked.  Hope they tour the US again this fall.  Their show last month in NYC was amazing.

i'll use this intro to say that the antemasque album was underrated (or not rated) and should be listened to. and yes, TMV is a top 5 band, according to me.

1 hour ago, njpunkmusic said:

yea love this album.  fast and fun.  whatever happened to them releasing the second album??

This ATDI album happened.  It's recorded and finished.  I'd say they're just waiting for this record and tour cycle to be over before releasing it.

I agree about the Antemasque vocal vibe.  This record has that gruff, older kind of vocal style he used on Antemasque.  But I didn't think he'd be wailing like early ATDI vocals.

Obviously just a first listen, but it seemed pretty unremarkable. Nothing memorable yet. Nothing seemed to stick out or sound different or creative like ROC. I felt ROC was more varied and diverse in what ATDI does compared to this, which all seemed pretty plain. I plan on giving it (at least)two more listens through. 

Happy to to see it was mixed and co-produced by Costey. He does good work IMO. 

Just for reference, I didn't like ANTEMASQUE, but LOVE TMV.