PO: At The Drive In - in.ter a.li.a (release date 5 may)

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Alright comments in here were good so I ordered a copy. Don't let me down.

As long as you're not expecting ROC Vol. II, you should be able to have fun with it.  A lot of the guitar gymnastics from their earlier material stole the show for me, and they're not only back on this album, but they also feature some of the same tones that made me feel right at home on the first listen.  The production and vocals are quite a bit different than what you're used to from ATDI, but accepting that it's been over a decade and realizing some change is inevitable is probably the first step to getting the most bang out of your buck with this one.

1 hour ago, erikness said:

Yeah, this album is seriously great. Passed on a pre-order because I was sure it was going to be terrible. -_- Ordered the purple version from Bullmoose yesterday since they put them back up as available.

Thanks for the heads up. I need one. My local got the black/bone copies.  

After a dozen listens I still say it sounds more like Antemasque than ATDI.  Not a complaint, just observation.  I enjoy the album a lot. I think side B is better and the last 3 songs are the highlights.  Wish there were more songs like Ghost Tape 9 instead of a head one sprint to the finish like the rest of the album feel.  Defiantly not disappointed in this release.  

2 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Thanks for the heads up. I need one. My local got the black/bone copies.  

2 hours ago, erikness said:

Mine too.

Where are you guys located? I'm trying to buy a purple/purple locally but dunno how to tell the difference between the black/bone copies that are arriving as indie exclusive as well

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Yeah I'm gonna listen to it once more today to see if I change my mind but I wouldn't put money on it

Just didn't know if you spent time with the singles or anything; I tried 2 of the 3 singles, once, and was so-so about them.  Had a similar reaction on my first play of the album, but it continues to grow on me with each play.  (Especially the latest one in the car.)  Not a profound, AOTY-worthy listen... but at least a good bit more enjoyable than I was initially going to give it credit for.

Something about this sounds quite different on vinyl, it's much more underwhelming. The digital version, I felt the guitars were quite loud and panned hard so they really popped out, especially whoever is in the right channel. This sounds more more veiled.

I really have no complaints about the music, and I enjoy the album. But, I think I'll sell my vinyl copy. It's Half Purple/Half Purple splatter if anyone is interested.

Edited by Vinyl Fury

18 minutes ago, Vinyl Fury said:

Something about this sounds quite different on vinyl, it's much more underwhelming. The digital version, I felt the guitars were quite loud and panned hard so they really popped out, especially whoever is in the right channel. This sounds more more veiled.

I really have no complaints about the music, and I enjoy the album. But, I think I'll sell my vinyl copy. It's Half Purple/Half Purple splatter if anyone is interested.

How much do you want for it? I still need to give it a listen but will probably grab one. Haven't had a chance to listen yet, am currently downloading.