PO Now: Bob's Burgers - The Bob's Burgers Music Album (Sub-Pop)

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/bobs_burgers/the_bobs_burgers_music_album

Bob’s Burgers premiered on the Fox network January 2011, and quickly became one of the most watched series on television. After enjoying the highest-rated new season premiere of the 2010-11 season, Bob’s Burgers quickly settled into an average viewership of over 4 million per episode. The show has won an Emmy award and been nominated five times, including a current nomination for Outstanding Animated Program. It has inspired many popular spinoff items, including a recent, best-selling cookbook. With the seventh season set to premiere this fall, Bob’s Burgers’ cultural influence only grows.

Now comes The Bob’s Burgers Music Album, featuring 107 songs from the first 107 episodes (all six existing seasons), plus five special cover versions of songs from the show. Originally broadcast within the episodes – and often in abbreviated form – these songs appear here in their freestanding glory for the first time. The Bob’s Burgers Music Album – in both its affordable standard editions and its impressive deluxe edition – is sure to be a top gift item this holiday season.

• The album features the main cast members – Bob (Jon Benjamin) and Linda (John Roberts) and their children Tina (Dan Mintz), Gene (Eugene Mirman) and Louise (Kristen Schaal) – singing original songs that build on the show’s unique sense of humor.

• Also featured are many of the show’s recurring and special guests, from comedians like Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, Kevin Kline, Paul Rudd, Bill Hader, Zack Galifianakis, and Fred Armisen, to musical guests Cyndi Lauper and Carly Simon.

• Includes five never-aired “Bob’s Buskers” cover versions of songs from the show performed by St. Vincent, the National, Lapsley, and Stephin Merritt of Magnetic Fields.

• Three standard versions: 2xCD set, 3xLP+7”, and digital.

• Deluxe limited-edition 3 LP+7” box set includes “condiment-colored” vinyl (ketchup red, mustard yellow & relish green), plus a hardbound lyrics book with exclusive Bob’s Burgers artwork, a soft cover sheet-music songbook, three original posters, a six-piece sticker pack, and a patch. Both the standard and deluxe LP editions include the five “Bob’s Buskers” tracks on a white 7” single.

Edited by audiodrive

10 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Or be an adult and only order items you can afford and intend on receiving. 

3 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

This is absolutely stupid. A gimmick that only a complete sucker would purchase. 

You're right.

Fellow suckers, let's re-examine our choices here.

2 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Or be an adult and only order items you can afford and intend on receiving. 

My parents received their adulthood certificates by actually adhering to this principle. Good advice here as well.

Just now, Tidal Wave said:

First you will sell this record. Then question why you ever bought it. Then you will become an adult. 

So then what stupid record purchase catapulted you into adulthood? Or are you just flawless in your decision making when it comes to spending your adult, hard-earned money on records?

Just now, Tidal Wave said:

First you will sell this record. Then question why you ever bought it. Then you will become an adult. 

...and then comes death inevitably. Can't wait to speed this process up as much as possible and not enjoy the in-between frivolities.

3 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Good news is it will be in mint condition since there is no way you'll actually listen to it. 

I'm on the fence, but I'll certainly buy this in one of the formats. The music is good in my opinion and I like the show so I'll definitely listen to it.

I mean, I listen to the CD from my Home Movies box set... pretty sure I'll listen to this too.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

So then what stupid record purchase catapulted you into adulthood? Or are you just flawless in your decision making when it comes to spending your adult, hard-earned money on records?

Everyone makes mistakes and you hopefully learn from them. 

I bought up more records than I could listen to over a 3 year span. There wasn't one in particular. I moved and realized I hadn't even listened to many of the records and as a result I paired down a large portion of my collection and became much more selective with my purchases. I'd start by not buying a collection of joke outro ditties.  

1 minute ago, Tidal Wave said:

I'd start by not buying a collection of joke outro ditties.  

Then what's the difference between this vinyl release and any other collectible? So you're saying that anyone that collects things that aren't of actual use (e.g. action figures, vintage coins, old issues of TV Guide) aren't adults as they're throwing away their money on useless items?

If so, fair opinion. But this forum seems like a weird place to be proclaiming your adulthood from a mountain top. We have avatars and post thousands of messages about vinyl records. None of us are adults here.

I really liked those Bob's Buskers videos when they were posted online but this set isn't quite a fit for me.

Poking my head in though to say that if you can afford this and want to buy it, please do it and enjoy it. My natural state is 'snarky and judgmental' so I get the instinct to want to harp on other people who buy collectables that you don't quite understand or enjoy but, in the end, it's a mis-use of energy and doesn't reflect well on one's self to indulge that instinct. IMO, not giving in to your own penchant for negativity and choosing to be better than that is what makes someone an adult.