Record mailing supplies

valve

38 minutes ago, Klefki said:

you pay for what you get obv

the best ones i've used are these:

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/record-mailers-s/1831.htm

i definitely wouldn't recommend the cheapest ones on amazon

Don't listen to this advice.  The mailers on Amazon are the same thing as what Sleeve City sells, you just pay a lot more going through Sleeve City.

5 minutes ago, GOTCHA said:

Don't listen to this advice.  The mailers on Amazon are the same thing as what Sleeve City sells, you just pay a lot more going through Sleeve City.

yeah ok.  i've actually purchased both and the ultimate lp mailers on sleeve city are much nicer than the multitudes of ones i purchased from amazon.  they are studier and are actually large enough to hold most records.

23 minutes ago, Klefki said:

yeah ok.  i've actually purchased both and the ultimate lp mailers on sleeve city are much nicer than the multitudes of ones i purchased from amazon.  they are studier and are actually large enough to hold most records.

I'm not trying to start an argument, my point is, they're not much different.  I've shipped over 6,000 orders in the past 2 years using the mailers the OP is talking about and have had zero complaints and no damage.  Yes, I use the cardboard inserts, but those can be found way cheaper than what Sleeve City sells them for too.  Sleeve City, imo, is over priced on most things.  Especially when it comes to their shipping costs.

2 minutes ago, GOTCHA said:

I'm not trying to start an argument, my point is, they're not much different.  I've shipped over 6,000 orders in the past 2 years using the mailers the OP is talking about and have had zero complaints and no damage.  Yes, I use the cardboard inserts, but those can be found way cheaper than what Sleeve City sells them for too.  Sleeve City, imo, is over priced on most things.  Especially when it comes to their shipping costs.

no doubt, their shipping fees are way too high.  i can agree that most people may not be affected by it.  i can say personally i've had many records with some form of damage with the standard cheap mailers, so i'm not to biggest fan. 

2 minutes ago, Klefki said:

no doubt, their shipping fees are way too high.  i can agree that most people may not be affected by it.  i can say personally i've had many records with some form of damage with the standard cheap mailers, so i'm not to biggest fan. 

I have found that heavy duty cardboard inserts are key to helping prevent damage.  Finally found the link.  I use these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/231914047678?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=531185006445&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I order 400 at a time, so it makes the cost per insert really low.

These are the mailers I get on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SKCR1QQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They end up being about .40 each, I personally think they're great when combined w/ the inserts, which imo should be used regardless of what mailers you use when shipping records.

Are there better mailers out there?  Probably.  Are the Sleeve City mailers better?  I can't vouch, possibly.  However, for the cost I've found the above to be the best bang for your buck.

The best mailers I've used are the Pratt mailers that Amazon uses which have the overhang on the sides.

41LSTuXHgeL._SX342_.jpg

They run around $1+ each though and I would still recommend using 1-2 cardboard squares for full protection. It's worth it, IMO, if you are going to be selling a lot of records and want to avoid returns/refunds on damaged records. The super cheap mailers on Amazon/eBay are OK but you will get the occasional corner ding/bend when using them.