PO: Alex G - Rocket

On 3/4/2017 at 10:16 AM, freedumb said:

I don't own any Alex G on vinyl, but it seems like the color edition of Beach Music is still available from quite a lot of sellers for pretty cheap still. 

not sure where you're seeing that (maybe you're in Europe?), but no American sellers seem to have it in stock and the cheapest US discogs copy is $50. moot point for me since i have the colored edition already, but it's certainly going to sell out quickly as it is likely no more than 3-500 copies.

2 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

not sure where you're seeing that (maybe you're in Europe?), but no American sellers seem to have it in stock and the cheapest US discogs copy is $50. moot point for me since i have the colored edition already, but it's certainly going to sell out quickly as it is likely no more than 3-500 copies.

Isn't the color version of Beach Music /1000?

Sure they're overseas, but it seems like you can get a copy for around $35 shipped on Discogs. I think some Euro sellers still have it brand new in stock as well (e.g. http://www.juno.co.uk/products/alex-g-beach-music/587689-01/).

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Isn't the color version of Beach Music /1000?

Sure they're overseas, but it seems like you can get a copy for around $35 shipped on Discogs. I think some Euro sellers still have it brand new in stock as well (e.g. http://www.juno.co.uk/products/alex-g-beach-music/587689-01/).

you're right – 1k on blue according to discogs. so i imagine similar pressing numbers for this one then.
it's nice copies of the special edt. Beach Music LP can still be found, but i do remember that selling out before the street date last time.

2 hours ago, copelandkid said:

you're right – 1k on blue according to discogs. so i imagine similar pressing numbers for this one then.
it's nice copies of the special edt. Beach Music LP can still be found, but i do remember that selling out before the street date last time.

Mainly because it was coupled with the exclusive 'Live at the Headroom' bonus record. 

Hopefully the red Rocket sticks around a while, I'm only in for the bandcamp random-color cassette at the moment. Those shipping fees, man. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, alllexm said:

Yeah I got a promo copy also and I can already say that this is my favorite alex g album. It's diverse and shows that the band is growing. I can't wait to spin it !!!!

you might not have meant anything by it, but when you say "the band," are you suggesting Alex isn't the only creative force behind the record? like, his touring band was in the studio with him?

2 hours ago, copelandkid said:

you might not have meant anything by it, but when you say "the band," are you suggesting Alex isn't the only creative force behind the record? like, his touring band was in the studio with him?

didn't mean anything by it.  i know alex does most of the stuff himself (however he did have a lot of help in this album according to the credits).