PO: Alex G - Rocket

1 minute ago, parkinglot said:

well, this is either going to be my least favourite alex g release, or a massive grower.  i'm hoping, and thinking the latter.  horse though.................

also not a fan of how brick leads into sportstar

feeling the same. first run through and I was not really impressed at all and I have dug literally every single thing he has done up to this point. gonna give it some more runs though.

3 hours ago, parkinglot said:

well, this is either going to be my least favourite alex g release, or a massive grower.  i'm hoping, and thinking the latter.  horse though.................

definitely hoping it grows. i'd be more disappointed if TRICK through Beach Music weren't one of the most legendary album runs ever, but i can't say i like it much so far. "Rocket" seems like a jack of all trades, master of none thing so far. especially given the great lengths he's gone to avoid the hallmarks of his earlier records and how superficial the nods to roots music and jazz are. "witch" is a fantastic track, though.

Edited by copelandkid

3 hours ago, jeromium said:

Hoping to make a run to the record store today, but I'd love to know if any Red Rockets are available in the wild or if they're strictly going to be online from artist/label.

Grabbed the black from my local store. They're pretty good with getting variants of they're available for retail, so you might be stuck with black.