PO: U2 - How Yo Dismantle An Atomic Bomb Reissue (April 28)

P.S. I'm  surprised to find Pop fans. I listened to it a lot and I like it, but they completed composing half those songs on tour, especially deep cuts like If You Wear That Velvet Dress which sounds complete by the time you watch the Popmart Mexico City concert, which is great (The VHS copy is collecting dust in my parents cubby-hole). I'd love a Pop deluxe edition, especially if that was bundled with it somehow. 

Edited by armadillo01

42 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

P.S. I'm  surprised to find Pop fans. I listened to it a lot and I like it, but they completed composing half those songs on tour, especially deep cuts like If You Wear That Velvet Dress which sounds complete by the time you watch the Popmart Mexico City concert, which is great (The VHS copy is collecting dust in my parents cubby-hole). I'd love a Pop deluxe edition, especially if that was bundled with it somehow. 

"Gone" is the same way.  It would be cool of they re-mixed the entire album the way they did for a few songs on the Best of 1990s compilation.  Rolling Stone actually had an article online a little while ago with the best versions of each track that exist.

12 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

"Gone" is the same way.  It would be cool of they re-mixed the entire album the way they did for a few songs on the Best of 1990s compilation.  Rolling Stone actually had an article online a little while ago with the best versions of each track that exist.

I'll have to A/B those with the original mix someday. Never bought the 90s comp but the Best of 80s I still own for the early B-Sides, half of which are going to be in the Joshua Tree box set now (Woot!)

I'd also kill for vinyl editions of the deluxe reissues of the first three albums from 2008, although it seems like the extras would have to be on 1.5 records (meaning hopefully they could add some more live cuts or demos to avoid pressing 2.5xLP reissues)

Edited by armadillo01

4 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

I'll have to A/B those with the original mix someday. Never bought the 90s comp but the Best of 80s I still own for the early B-Sides, half of which are going to be in the Joshua Tree box set now (Woot!)

I'd also kill for vinyl editions of the deluxe reissues of the first three albums from 2008, although it seems like the extras would have to be on 1.5 records (meaning hopefully they could add some more live cuts or demos to avoid pressing 2.5xLP reissues)

The Best of 90s is great.  There's also new mixes of Discotheque and Numb.  

• 8 months later...
54 minutes ago, larshj said:

Awesome! The HTDAAB reissue sounds great so hopefully these do too. Would love to see ATYCLB on 2 LPs instead of the 1

To be fair, there has not been a standalone reissue of Achtung Baby either-only the 2011 box set.

These reissues don't seem to be coming in any sort of logical order anyways. You'd figure they'd start with the biggest titles (Achtung Baby and ATYCLB) and then go from there.

I'd imagine that if we are getting Pop, we'll also get Zoorpoa (as well as Achtung Baby and  No Line On The Horizon)  at some point.

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

Interesting.  I've looked at the Discogs for that release so many times and have missed that.  Well then that gives me hope for an eventual re-press of that as well.  

It's amazing the huge difference in selling prices of the best of 80's and the best of 90's on Discogs.  

Edited by YouTwo

• 2 weeks later...