PO: alt-J - Relaxer (Release: 6/9)

7 hours ago, Kanye West said:

So this is... the prettiest song I've heard all year.

I'm in for whatever the most expensive and limited bundle is for this album, because I'm a whore for Alt-J. 

This video makes me feel like I bought a glitchy, pawn-shop Playstation in '96, threw in a scratched copy of Bushido Blade, and watched a friend try to play while chugging a 2-liter of Pepsi. 

Really pretty song though.

30 minutes ago, dnl said:

Double the price because its signed? Lame.

I look at it as $12 to have the band sign, which isn't bad compared to other vinyl autograph copy markups I've seen.

Then there's the aftermarket cost to consider if you sleep on it...  don't know how many times I hesitated, then kicked myself later for bands I really like 

Of course all depends on how big an Alt-j fan you are..

59 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

I look at it as $12 to have the band sign, which isn't bad compared to other vinyl autograph copy markups I've seen.

Then there's the aftermarket cost to consider if you sleep on it...  don't know how many times I hesitated, then kicked myself later for bands I really like 

Of course all depends on how big an Alt-j fan you are..

I look at it as simply as you are paying for a signature. I have several signed records but I have never paid more for a record just because its signed. Its ripping off fans. I bet fans that are getting their records signed after a band's show aren't paying extra for that signature.

Edited by dnl

Totally getcha^ and to each his own

Unfortunately Alt-j, and many other bands , don't typically have stops here in Florida. Not sure what bands you typically get free autographs for, but it feels like once a band hits a certain size, you'll have to stalk them to get something signed.

I'm all about meeting bands when they're open to it, and will come early or stay a bit late at shows, regardless if I have anything to get autographed.

For bands that won't happen for, $12 for the autographed version is an easy no-regret choice for me- 

Edited by Darnoc

Beautiful track, something about Alt J really pleases me how they always seamlessly mix such sporadic, chaotic, energetic parts with beautiful ambient layerings while still making such a  cohesive composition. Ill wait on an indie exclusive as well, but very much looking forward to another masterful release from these guys.