Help with my youtube channel

Hello, a couple of months ago I started a youtube channel based on the idea of promoting peoples music. I forgot one crucial factor, no one wants to promote their music through a channel with 40 subs. I got 35 subs the first day from friends and stuff. Now I need songs to promote me, so I can get subs and stuff.

If you have any songs that I can use I would be really happy if you either emailed me or contaced me here or soundcloud.

Email: [email protected]

Why are you doing this in the first place if you don't want to do any actual legwork to

1. find music to promote
  2. Promote your own channel?

You didn't even post a link to your channel here.

My honest advice is to give up now. You're never going to be Anthony Fantano, and if I were you I'd consider that an unexpected blessing.

if you guys want a real youtube channel to follow, you can follow mine:
Live From The Rock Room

we are a live music channel that is hosted in Westmont, Illinois in Mike Felumlee's basement. he is the original (and current!) drummer of Smoking Popes, and was the drummer of Alkaline Trio for the From Here To Infirmary album.

we have bands come in a record a few songs, and sometimes we'll do interviews with them, too. new videos get posted to the channel every Tuesday and Thursday. we've had some amazing bands in so far, and have some really, really big shit planned for the rest of 2017 and beyond. here are a couple examples of videos we've done. if you're into them, like our page on facebook and subscribe to the youtube channel!

if you have any questions about anything, hit me up here or on facebook. if you're a touring band and want to play the Rock Room next time you're in chicago, get at us on our contact form on the website. www.livefromtherockroom.com

thanks so much for the kind words. glad you guys are digging what we're doing. it's been so much fun, and it's crazy to think how fast we've grown in just one year of shooting. our first shoot was at the end of february in 2016, and our youtube channel didn't go live until late june, so we've really been hustling. it's really insane looking back at some of our first videos and seeing how far we've come since then.

the eye ball kit was a back line kit at Fest this past year. it was built by Madison Drum Makers https://www.facebook.com/MadisonDrumMakers/

we have it on loan until they're done building a custom kit for Mike/the Rock Room. that one should be done within the next month, at which point the eyeball kit will be available for sale through us. if you're interested in it, let me know and i'll put you in touch with mike!

unfortunately, the fireside doc is on the back burner for the time being. somebody else released one within the last year and took the wind from my sails. it was disheartening, especially the way it went down, but i have too much good footage to not do anything with it. i also haven't really been in a financial place to pursue doing it this past year, but i'm starting to get back to a place where that might be feasible again, and it is something i do want to see come to fruition.

it is nice having lots of the main players come in to the rock room, but with how tight the scheduling is when they're actually in, there just wouldn't be time to do the rock room interview AND a fireside interview AND the live songs. but it's a nice introduction for a lot of us, and it definitely legitimizes me for the times when i do/will approach them to be a part of the documentary. the goal for me by the end of 2017 is to just have the website up and running. from there, i'll try to work more on the film when time/money allows.

10 hours ago, danthemjfan23 said:

thanks so much for the kind words. glad you guys are digging what we're doing. it's been so much fun, and it's crazy to think how fast we've grown in just one year of shooting. our first shoot was at the end of february in 2016, and our youtube channel didn't go live until late june, so we've really been hustling. it's really insane looking back at some of our first videos and seeing how far we've come since then.

the eye ball kit was a back line kit at Fest this past year. it was built by Madison Drum Makers https://www.facebook.com/MadisonDrumMakers/

we have it on loan until they're done building a custom kit for Mike/the Rock Room. that one should be done within the next month, at which point the eyeball kit will be available for sale through us. if you're interested in it, let me know and i'll put you in touch with mike!

unfortunately, the fireside doc is on the back burner for the time being. somebody else released one within the last year and took the wind from my sails. it was disheartening, especially the way it went down, but i have too much good footage to not do anything with it. i also haven't really been in a financial place to pursue doing it this past year, but i'm starting to get back to a place where that might be feasible again, and it is something i do want to see come to fruition.

it is nice having lots of the main players come in to the rock room, but with how tight the scheduling is when they're actually in, there just wouldn't be time to do the rock room interview AND a fireside interview AND the live songs. but it's a nice introduction for a lot of us, and it definitely legitimizes me for the times when i do/will approach them to be a part of the documentary. the goal for me by the end of 2017 is to just have the website up and running. from there, i'll try to work more on the film when time/money allows.

Although I'll probably just be disappointed in the quality can you link me to the rival fireside doc

On 3/9/2017 at 10:51 AM, chiefwahoo said:

I didn't know that your channel, Dan, that's awesome! I just started digging into it the other day pretty heavily when I was looking for Meat Wave live clips. Noticed that eyeball drum kit a few times, whose is it?

HA, I stumbled on this channel in EXACTLY the same way (side note: The Incessant is awesome).

• 2 weeks later...