Fleet Foxes- Crack Up - Out June 16

18 minutes ago, ComfyInNautica said:

Didn't realise this place was elitist, not sure what just posting twice had anything to do with it considering I just joined and posting on the two relevant forums for assistance. What a waste of time!

oh fuck off, do you cry every time you don't get your way in life? you literally did nothing to integrate besides acting like an entitled little brat and expecting complete strangers to bend over backwards for you because you're apparently the only one who has a family and obligations.

please log out and never come back 

While VMP has its' warts, the one thing they do fairly well is ensure their membership gets first dibs on everything. 1 exclusive per person has really helped ensure this is the case.  Want a copy? Join the club. Otherwise, I think it's only fair that those who pay their monthly dues as members get first access. 

As for FF, I think I'm going to cave on pure FOMO... I'm not hearing great things about this album (good things, but not GREAT) so I'm sure I'll regret it later but when on Rome's crashing webstore...

6 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Maybe they will be for the merch booth on tour? Starts tonight so we may find out soon...

VMP forum mods confirmed that the signed vinyl were not for them. Especially since the records aren't being sent out til late June/early July. Guess we'll find sooner or later.

8 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Album is better than good.  It is in fact great.

I'd been reading the VMP thread and not this one for some reason, and I've been on the fence all day about buying the exclusive. After reading this, I went and got it with the credit I had from last month's referrals. I haven't yet listened to the leak, but I trust your judgement.

3 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'd been reading the VMP thread and not this one for some reason, and I've been on the fence all day about buying the exclusive. After reading this, I went and got it with the credit I had from last month's referrals. I haven't yet listened to the leak, but I trust your judgement.

It's probably the best thing they've released.  On par with Helplessness Blues at the very least.  It's such a densely rich, lush album that it's impossible for me to really go into great detail after just 3 listens over the course of a week or so, but I'm really pleased with it.  A lot of people seem to agree that their older work is tougher to revisit after listening to Crack-Up; I don't know if I'd necessarily go to that extreme, but I will say that they couldn't really have nailed their long-awaited return any smoother.  It would be tough for me to imagine a more enjoyable return from the band, but your mileage may vary.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It's probably the best thing they've released.  On par with Helplessness Blues at the very least.  It's such a densely rich, lush album that it's impossible for me to really go into great detail after just 3 listens over the course of a week or so, but I'm really pleased with it.  A lot of people seem to agree that their older work is tougher to revisit after listening to Crack-Up; I don't know if I'd necessarily go to that extreme, but I will say that they couldn't really have nailed their long-awaited return any smoother.  It would be tough for me to imagine a more enjoyable return from the band, but your mileage may vary.

Those people can sit down, because their old stuff is timeless. But I'm pumped to see how this album is once it's released. These guys can do no wrong.

10 hours ago, Vector53 said:

VMP forum mods confirmed that the signed vinyl were not for them. Especially since the records aren't being sent out til late June/early July. Guess we'll find sooner or later.

They mentioned yesterday on the forum that now they will have them in time to ship with the June AOTM.

14 hours ago, Vector53 said:

I wonder if they'll send a signed copy out to a bunch of local shops to give away as a prize in raffles to whomever buys a regular copy. Similar to what they did with the white copies of HB.

13 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Fucking stop it...enabler....

You're gonna make me do naughty things 

2 hours ago, JRHews said:

Fucking stop it...enabler....

You're gonna make me do naughty things 

Please don't sleep on this one.  I don't want to oversell it to you, but if it was the ROTM I would've finally purchased an actual VMP subscription.  If you're a fan of either of their prior albums, you'll want to grab this one, I think.  Especially since VMP seems to do their pressings justice.  There's a reason I kept my phone on me and wrestled checkout errors for 60 minutes straight.  Couldn't tell you the last time I had energy to do that for a PO.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Please don't sleep on this one.  I don't want to oversell it to you, but if it was the ROTM I would've finally purchased an actual VMP subscription.  If you're a fan of either of their prior albums, you'll want to grab this one, I think.  Especially since VMP seems to do their pressings justice.  There's a reason I kept my phone on me and wrestled checkout errors for 60 minutes straight.  Couldn't tell you the last time I had energy to do that for a PO.

I just don't want to stream it 'till I have it...'Helplessness Blue' has definitively worked it's way into my top5 of all time. And that's a big deal to me. So I'm awaiting hearing this more than anything that's come around in recent years.  

Can. Not. Wait. Especially if all this praise is justified. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Perhaps a really stupid question, but has anyone found anything that's saying this will be a double LP?  55 minutes in length, so I'm hoping so... but sites like VMP and Bull Moose aren't specifying 2LP in the description when they normally would otherwise.

These have it listed as 2LP. Weird that it's not in all of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Crack-Up-Vinyl-Fleet-Foxes/dp/B06XGN3ZD5

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/164241-fleet-foxes-crackup

http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/crack-up

https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/fleet_foxes/crack_up/

Edit: Here's the back. A,B,C,D confirms it. Thankfully. 

Edited by Sunshine

On 5/21/2017 at 11:01 AM, astra said:

Where did those signed copies go?

One the greatest mysteries of our lifetime

If VMP isn't secretly mixing them in with their variant, then I bet its either a Nonesuch store version for the first however many orders or maybe indie stores are getting it to raffle off or whatever.