Fleet Foxes- Crack Up - Out June 16

4 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Man, them and Beach House at Red Rocks. Might have to make that happen. 

Seeing as they're two of my fav bands at my all-time fav venue, I'm making this happen. See you there!

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Red Rocks is 5 mins from my house.I can see it from my deck

And we even have a place to stay! :D

Edited by wiscodeman

8 minutes ago, birdwell said:

weird.....interested in why they're no longer with Sub-Pop

"Hugely grateful to Sub Pop and honored to have been on that label, but in the years between Helplessness Blues and beginning work on Crack-Up, most all of the people we worked directly with there had moved on to other labels or had started their own companies in the music business. Which makes sense—it’s been a really long time!

When we were thinking about how we would release the album, we knew we wanted to try something new, either by self-releasing or by finding a new label, and of the constellation of labels out there, Nonesuch just had the most copacetic energy and history, and it felt like the album would fit there. Their ethos seems expansive and inclusive—they appreciate all kinds of music and aren’t built on a rejectionist ethos but instead a kind of utopian one, one that can logically accommodate both John Zorn and the Black Keys. That is really appealing to me as a music fan and as an artist."

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1461-robin-pecknold-talks-new-fleet-foxes-album-and-going-back-to-school/?mbid=homepage-more-latest-and-video

1 hour ago, _stretts said:

"Hugely grateful to Sub Pop and honored to have been on that label, but in the years between Helplessness Blues and beginning work on Crack-Up, most all of the people we worked directly with there had moved on to other labels or had started their own companies in the music business. Which makes sense—it’s been a really long time!

When we were thinking about how we would release the album, we knew we wanted to try something new, either by self-releasing or by finding a new label, and of the constellation of labels out there, Nonesuch just had the most copacetic energy and history, and it felt like the album would fit there. Their ethos seems expansive and inclusive—they appreciate all kinds of music and aren’t built on a rejectionist ethos but instead a kind of utopian one, one that can logically accommodate both John Zorn and the Black Keys. That is really appealing to me as a music fan and as an artist."

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1461-robin-pecknold-talks-new-fleet-foxes-album-and-going-back-to-school/?mbid=homepage-more-latest-and-video

That doesn't sound bad.  I was hoping it didn't have to do with Father John Misty 

I don't even know how to describe how excited I am for this and how long it's felt we've been waiting...I can say with extreme confidence and conviction  that Helplessness Blues has made it into my top 5 albums all time, but I know that the expectation for the new album one wont hinder my enjoyment if it isn't met. 

Ordered for the print w/o hesitation, and will get whatever others I can get my hands on!