Milty Zerostat Broken?

I've been using a Milty Zerostat since I got it a few weeks back. I've been getting more static than I think I should be the last few days, so I tested it today. I find that I'm unable to make it "click" by squeezing the trigger, even if I squeeze very quickly. When testing with the little piece that you stick on the end, I'm getting an occasional faint glow but no bright pulses of light and no clicking. 

Is this Zerostat toast? Has it died after just a few weeks of use? Is there an easy fix for this? Anyone?

Forgive me if I misunderstand you but you should never try to make the trigger click. You're supposed to press and release slowly- the click is actually a sign that you've released/pressed too fast and need to go slower. Sorry that yours got busted. And sorry if you already know this and were just commenting on how weird it is for it to not click at all. Good luck!

Edited by richardsurf

Sorry, I didn't write that very well! Let me clarify - I realize you aren't meant to make it click, but when I felt that the device might not be working, I tested it with the little attachment on the end and was unable to get even a faint glow... Figured I'd just check to see if I could make it click. When I squeezed and there was no click, it made me think perhaps the mechanism is dead / faulty or ??

2 hours ago, The Mule said:

Sorry, I didn't write that very well! Let me clarify - I realize you aren't meant to make it click, but when I felt that the device might not be working, I tested it with the little attachment on the end and was unable to get even a faint glow... Figured I'd just check to see if I could make it click. When I squeezed and there was no click, it made me think perhaps the mechanism is dead / faulty or ??

Try browsing this thread: http://forum.vinylmeplease.com/index.php?threads/fixing-a-milty-zerostat-3.3465/

It looks like others have repaired their Zerostat and/or have offered to fix others' Zerostats.