PO NOW: GAS - Narkopop (4/21 release)

I just got a refund as well.

I really am a little upset.  I think that a company like Bull Moose (who accepts pre-orders without charging you first, and lets you cancel if you change your mind or find it cheaper later) can be forgiven for a pricing error and cancellation.  Amoeba, however, charges you upfront and does not let you cancel pre-orders if you find it cheaper elsewhere.  I think they should honor their pricing, mistake or not (especially when they apparently caught the problem  several days ago.) 

Grrrr ....

Yeah, I think I'm actually done with Amoeba at this point.  It was a substantial savings but it's not like hundreds of people were getting it for $10.  Really unfortunate, but the price seemed too good to begin with – so much that I never canceled my Bull Moose order in anticipation of a refund.  Pretty bummed that they played right into my skepticism, and surprised they didn't honor it like DOMAN mentioned with that Takk sale.

Got an e-mail explaining that there was some miscommunication from their distributor on the pricing.  Yeah, okay.  It's not like we all waited 'til midnight and ordered copies while the price was bugged in the first 30 seconds it was posted.  That shit was $75 for a week at least, and like Lethal pointed out, the price had actually dropped before dipping way down to $30.  Sorry, Amoeba, I'm not buying it – figuratively and literally.

3 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

What price did you see, cuz it's back to 46.39 gbp now.

When you put it in your cart, it removes VAT charges and ends up being £41.74 (~$51.64) shipped to the US.

(I suppose that's also assuming you're using a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees)

Edited by harryq

14 minutes ago, harryq said:

When you put it in your cart, it removes VAT charges and ends up being £41.74 (~$51.64) shipped to the US.

(I suppose that's also assuming you're using a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees)

Whoa, pays to click through to the payment window! Thanks for that. I got the same charge. That's nifty to say the least. It's the cheapest option on the market!

20 hours ago, harryq said:

Thanks for the heads up!  

Still can't afford it right now (could barely afford the misprint price, hahah), but I showed a close friend the link today and hinted for my bday.  they acted like they might get me that... even if not, I can buy it by next month if it sticks around that price :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Cheapest I've seen yet:

Narkopop box in 'Acceptable' condition from Amazon Warehouse for $39.12 shipped with Prime:

Narkopop box

Item may come repackaged. Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Large mark on disk. Large mark on item case. Large cut / scratch on item case. Large wrinkle / bend (larger than 1.5 cm). Medium crack on item case. Large mark on insert. Large cut / scratch on insert. Large wrinkle / bend on insert. Large mark on Cover Art. Large cut / scratch on Cover Art. Large wrinkle / bend on Cover Art. Large mark on set case. Large cut/scatch on set case. Large wrinkle / bend on set case. Large crack on boxed set case.