Brooklyn Tourist Advice

Hey dudes, 

Me and the wife are going to find ourselves in Brooklyn for a few days the first of April. looking for some tips on anything we should try and check out. I saw Menzingers are playing Brooklyn Bowl one of the nights, she was interested in Bastille at Barclays other than that, not sure... 

any record stores worth stopping in? tasty restaurants worth a stop?

hidden gems or activities off the beaten path?

we'll also probably venture to the city one or two days.

thanks, in advance for any info!

4 hours ago, kcblackrob said:

Hey dudes, 

Me and the wife are going to find ourselves in Brooklyn for a few days the first of April. looking for some tips on anything we should try and check out. I saw Menzingers are playing Brooklyn Bowl one of the nights, she was interested in Bastille at Barclays other than that, not sure... 

any record stores worth stopping in? tasty restaurants worth a stop?

hidden gems or activities off the beaten path?

we'll also probably venture to the city one or two days.

thanks, in advance for any info!

Too many things to do to list out. Brooklyn Bowl is fun for some fake bowling (the pins are on strings) and great brews. I haven't seen a show there but if I remember correctly it's super tiny and the stage is in the back corner... I can imagine it will be PACKED if there is a show going on.

The best record store in NYC closed last year, other music, but there are plenty of decent ones in the city.  I would recommend Rough Trade in Brooklyn. prices are a tad high but it's the best source for UK music if you're into that, it's also in a cool neighborhood and right along the water if the weather is nice and the shop is a bust you can take a nice stroll.

I won't even touch restaurants or hidden activities. Yelp your way to victory, my friend. There are too many options that are really great to limit it.

Hit up the Charleston on Bedford. Five or six dollars nabs you a pizza, shot, and cheap beer! At least, they used to. Been several months since I've visited my brother. 

Edit: It's a personal pan pizza (cheese) but you can get additional topping. Great cheap snack and drink. 

Edited by ajhall04

ACTUALLY.  If you're thinking about doing Rough Trade on a Saturday after April 1st - I'd highly recommend it. it's a block off of the water and post April 1 on Saturdays, Smorgasburg will be back : https://www.smorgasburg.com/saturday-williamsburg/

Bunch of tents all selling foodstuffs and things from local restaurants//foodtrucks//etc. Great food. View of the water. 

It's a huge draw for getting my girl to go to Rough Trade with me, FWIW.

Edited by rooks

I would certainly check out Saint Vitus in Greenpoint either for a show or just a drink. 

also if you want a cool museum I recommend the Tenement Museum 

Food Spots I'd day : 

Screamers Pizza (BK) - Amazing Vegan Pizza

L&B Spumoni Gardens (BK) - Amazing Non Vegan Pizza - A MUST! 

Xian Famous Foods (BK//NYC) - Northern Chinese Spot - Several Locations

Dirt Candy (NYC) - AMAZING  Vegan Food - Very hard to get into but beyond amazing

Talde (BK) - Asian Fusion 

Taverna Kyclades (Astoria) - Best Seafood In the world 

Edited by cephcarn4

Greenpoint/Williamsburg:

Record Grouch (986 Manhattan Ave.), Co-Op 87 (87 Guernsey St.) and Captured Tracks (195 Calyer St.) and Academy (85 Oak St.). You could also go to Earwax (N. 9th) in Williamsburg but I never find anything there.

After record shopping you should get some pizza at Paulie G's (Greenpoint Ave.). Then hit up Lake Street (Manhattan Ave.) for some drinks. If it's Mexican that you're craving---head to the south side of Williamsburg for tasty treats at La Superior (Berry St.). Do yourself a favor and order a Paloma to wash everything down.

www.ohmyrockness.com for shows