INCUBUS - 8

On 3/22/2017 at 9:33 AM, thefavoriteplay said:

Supposedly the vinyl is delayed until June 2.

Amazon sent me a notification that the vinyl would be shipped on May 26th now. But the vinyl still says it ships on April 21 on Incubus' site. Where did you see June 2? Looking for actual confirmation and that it's not just Amazon messing something up.

23 hours ago, JustinDM12 said:

Amazon sent me a notification that the vinyl would be shipped on May 26th now. But the vinyl still says it ships on April 21 on Incubus' site. Where did you see June 2? Looking for actual confirmation and that it's not just Amazon messing something up.

I hope you're right, but there was a user on the Incubus message boards that works at a record store that said the vinyl was delayed in their system until June 2nd. That wouldn't surprise me though, seeing that the band was still mixing the album until very recently. Island would have to make quick turnaround for vinyl production. 

I used to be the biggest Incubus fan, had boot cd's from a bunch of different shows, Saw them every time they came to town, even had a small Incubus Tattoo on my elbow, and waited 4hrs in line to get my cd signed at Tower Records, when they were promoting MV. In my humble opinion MV was last good album. Science and Make yourself were just ahead of their time  are classics and were the soundtrack to a couple summers, shit even FUNGUS was good. Starting with Crows you could tell the passion was gone. I have tried the new stuff but it don't stick like it used too.. they had a good run tho...

Edited by B-dosia

22 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

? 2 garbage albums? Crow is garbage? But INNW? is decent? 

Yup. "A Crow Left of the Murder" and "Light Grenades" really do nothin' fer me. I caught them live in 1998, had no clue who they were, immediately fell in love until "ACLotM" was released. If "INNW?" had been the follow up to "MV" I would still probably have liked the band, but the magic has long been gone.

11 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I hope you're right, but there was a user on the Incubus message boards that works at a record store that said the vinyl was delayed in their system until June 2nd. That wouldn't surprise me though, seeing that the band was still mixing the album until very recently. Island would have to make quick turnaround for vinyl production. 

Me too. I went as far as to email the incubus shop and the response I got was they hadn't heard anything from the distributor. Might just preorder it there as well and cancel or return one. Then again, it's $20 on Amazon with prime shipping and it's $25 on Incubus' site with $5 shipping. Not sure my impatience is worth the extra $10 that I'd rather use to purchase the digital copy as well. But if they're still mixing, I can't see an April 21 release on vinyl.

11 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I agree, INNW? is ok, but it was just a little disappointing overall now when I look back on it. I have high hopes for 8 though. 

INNW had to grow on me but now I really enjoy it and respect it as part experimental and part growth. aCLotM is by far their worst album but with some good tracks. Light Grenades is better but SCIENCE, Make Yourself INNW and Morning View all rank above them for me. That being said, I have high hopes for 8. Nimble Bastard and Glitter Bomb feel more like Incubus evolving and I love both songs. I respect their experimentation and change way more than the shit show that bands like Linkin Park have become. It's a whole different topic but their new singles are trash. And I liked all of their albums preceeding the Hunting Party.