Out Now: Tigers Jaw- spin

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

sounds like a Turnover record – not just the production (which is self-explanatory, given that Will Yip's got that signature sound), but the entire approach to songwriting... not sure what to think yet.

This sounds nothing like turnover to me, sounds more like old Tigers Jaw than Charmer. Im really stoked to hear the whole album, It's got potential to be better than s/t which I never thought could happen. 

1 hour ago, Holo said:

I did notice that the bass seems really buried and the drums aren't really popping.

Yeah that's true.. I usually like Will Yip's sound production, but too much lows in this one. Maybe Tigers Jaw want it that way. Anyway, it's a good song and I'm pretty sure it will be a great record!

4 minutes ago, izpoodave said:

Kinda unrelated, but I wonder if Circa Survive will release their next album through Black Cement.

I was wondering the same thing. I already know they recorded the next album with him, but I wish Anthony would branch out to a different producer instead of using Will for literally everything. I enjoyed Descensus but I like when bands use different producers. Anyway, back to topic. 

2 hours ago, backpackoat said:

I was wondering the same thing. I already know they recorded the next album with him, but I wish Anthony would branch out to a different producer instead of using Will for literally everything. I enjoyed Descensus but I like when bands use different producers. Anyway, back to topic. 

Will Yip only produced 2/6 albums, if you count the new one. So Im not sure what you mean

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Song is OK. Reminds me of modern day Bayside

Are you sure you listened to the right song? Lol It really doesn't sound like anything other than Tigers Jaw to me. But thats just me.  

Edited by Codyoster

On 3/20/2017 at 9:25 PM, Hobbes said:

Any one else prefer Two Worlds over the rest of their material? I think that's the minority opinion but man I love that album.

I really enjoyed the Charmer songs they played live prior to its release but once I heard the recorded stuff, it didn't do much for me. I'll miss Adam on this

I agree with you, it may not be the more popular album, or their best, but to me, I loved this record, and spin it way more than any of their other material. 

So stoked to hear some new Tigers Jaw though, but I hope that we'll be able to purchase the most limited variant tomorrow, without having to shell over extra money for some merch that we don't want! 

Admittantly, the 2008 self-titled album is really the only material I'm really familiar with so I don't have much to compare the new song to in terms of the band's progression.  That being said, I really like it, and even with a "polished" sound I'm looking forward to them putting out new material.

A little late, but time to Spotify the back catalog.

Man, I don't get all the hate on charmer. I think it's my favorite album of theirs. Songs like Frame You, Nervous Kids, and Distress Signal are solid and while the album can lull a little bit it all seems cohesive to me and like they did what they wanted to do.

Needless to say, excited for the PO