PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

2 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Credit where it's due, I love that this is coming out in a month, rather than the unnecessary and common 3 month release schedule.

They tried that with PB and it leaked pretty early. Glad both Jamie and Damon and their new label Warner Music have made better financial and marketing decisions this time around.

Edited by Vector53

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Oh they aren't on Parlophone/EMI (or whatever they are now) anymore? 

Hmm must have missed that EMI died in 2012. Universal Music Group bought up EMI but couldn't get Parlophone. They were instead acquired by Warner. In fact an early insta shows Jamie out at Warner, probably hashing how they would roll out the album.

Following the announcement earlier today of the title (Humanz) and release date (April 28) of the new album from GorillazDamon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett have revealed the cover art and massive tracklist for the LP. There are 14 tracks on the regular edition, with five more on the deluxe. A Super Deluxe Vinyl Box Set will also contain each of the 14 regular edition tracks on its own piece of vinyl, backed by an alternate version. (Yes, that means it's a 14-disc box set.) 

http://pitchfork.com/news/72365-gorillaz-reveal-new-album-humanz-details-cover-art-massive-tracklist/?mbid=social_facebook

https://humanz.gorillaz.com/

Pre-order Humanz from the Gorillaz Store before 6am GMT tomorrow, Friday, and be automatically entered into a ticket ballot for a chance to see the band play Humanz live for the first time at a secret London venue on Friday 24th March.

Capacity is extremely limited for this special event, and pre-ordering the record does not guarantee you access to tickets. Access to tickets will be made available to a number of randomly selected people who have pre-ordered Humanz*. Successful applicants will be contacted on Friday morning.

All proceeds from ticket sales will go to support The White Helmets.

Edited by lethalenforcer

2 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

That song would have been good if that annoying auto tune rapper didnt ruin it. If this record is going in that mainstream pop-rap bullshit route I would be so disappointed

I am very much with you on this. Though, there are a lot of features I'm excited to see on this, especially Danny Brown.