PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

6 hours ago, njpunkmusic said:

After about 25 listens, this has finally grown on me.  Does it have the lasting value of their first two albums; absolutely not.  But I dont hate it as much.  Give it another month and it will be lost forever in my library.  

"25 listens and I don't hate it as much".

I'll take stockholm syndrome for $1,000.

If people are trying to force themselves to like this album, that's on them. Still loving the album over here.  Seems like they've doing a couple Euro dates as well with ACL and a festival in Uruguay. Going to be a busy tour season for them. Apparently Damon said in a recent interview that he's bringing dancers along for the full live shows lol. Oct is so far away though.

Edited by Vector53

58 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

If people are trying to force themselves to like this album, that's on them. Still loving the album over here.  Seems like they've doing a couple Euro dates as well with ACL and a festival in Uruguay. Going to be a busy tour season for them. Apparently Damon said in a recent interview that he's bringing dancers along for the full live shows lol. Oct is so far away though.

All my loife.

16 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

That was pretty good.

I know we all mocked the ridiculous mega-deluxe bundle, with each track on its own 12".  But the owners of that set are going to get the last laugh – on an album where only 2-3 of its 20+ tracks are worth revisiting, having immediate access to vinyl playback is pretty awesome.  Anyone with a standard press or art book can eat their heart out.

But jokes aside, I did listen to the deluxe version of this thing to ensure that all my jabs were justified.  It is not for me at all; even as someone who's not into the Gorillaz, I could identify that it doesn't really sound like their prior work at all – and not in a good "wow these guys really progressed" kind of way – and the cohesion was all but absent.  I almost felt like I was listening to a Spotify radio station, but that's just my take.

I will say that Charger is boss though.  I love that spastic stuttter guitar line.  And when the beat syncs up with it?  Wew.

Like your honesty and frankness. It's a shame Damon sometimes does this to his fans but it seems tough to change that man's mind when he's decided. Also while I'm at it, it looks like they revealed the tracklist for the super deluxe. Turns out we are getting some new songs out of it as well! co69xfm502wy.png

I'm looking forward to the Super Deluxe tracks, August is a long time to wait though.

8 hours ago, jaypeap said:

i wonder if they'll release the bonus tracks digitally at some point, or if they'll stay exclusive to the 'super deluxe'. 

I doubt they will until they do some sort of "J-sides" release like they've done in the past with other bonus tracks.

This album grew on me. But god the packaging of standart vinyl is such a let down! Only 2 pictures that were used as promo month before and they are both cut? For real? Give me something cool to look at while I Iisten to the album like BP and ST did. Yeah yeah yeah I will buy deluxe(with book) when tomorrow comes today.

Okay believe it or not, I JUST now listened to this for the first time.

I really, really loved it.  I agree with everyone else in the sense that it could use more 2D, but I didn't find myself missing him too much most of the time because everything else was so great.

On 5/10/2017 at 6:09 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Okay believe it or not, I JUST now listened to this for the first time.

I really, really loved it.  I agree with everyone else in the sense that it could use more 2D, but I didn't find myself missing him too much most of the time because everything else was so great.

I'm glad you like it,  I wasn't missing 2D too much especially since I really liked Busted and Blue which is the only 2D only track.