PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

OK so I received my Humanz Deluxe Art Book and Vinyl today and I must say that it was underwhelming.

I feel that the money I paid were too much for this "deluxe" version.

From the fact that the vinyl pockets and inner sleeves were plain red instead of having some artwork (picky again but for me it shows lack of effort and not an artistic approach) to the number of pages which were advertised as 54 and I am counting 26 including the blank ones at the front and back of the book.

So in case you are on the fence getting this version I would suggest you to watch some of the unboxing videos on youtube, check the regular 2xLP pics on discogs and make up your minds.  

For me this release is certainly not worth the 85 Euros I spent. 

As far as it goes to the music, I waited till I have the records to spin them and I must say I am not disappointed by the songs.

Exactly what I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, trickster said:

OK so I received my Humanz Deluxe Art Book and Vinyl today and I must say that it was underwhelming.

I feel that the money I paid were too much for this "deluxe" version.

From the fact that the vinyl pockets and inner sleeves were plain red instead of having some artwork (picky again but for me it shows lack of effort and not an artistic approach) to the number of pages which were advertised as 54 and I am counting 26 including the blank ones at the front and back of the book.

So in case you are on the fence getting this version I would suggest you to watch some of the unboxing videos on youtube, check the regular 2xLP pics on discogs and make up your minds.  

For me this release is certainly not worth the 85 Euros I spent. 

As far as it goes to the music, I waited till I have the records to spin them and I must say I am not disappointed by the songs.

Exactly what I was hoping for.

I got it for 40 from Amazon and it was worth it for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep. The picture disc will definitely sell out no matter what. I'm already getting the boxset though, so I'm not interested. Gorillaz is gonna be back in the US after a couple of dates they did in Southeast Asia, so can't wait til Oct for their LA show. Also here's their new video for Strobelite. Honestly feels more like a Doncamatic than a proper music video imo: 

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

On my iPhone I took off the 3 bunk tracks (Momentz, Sex Murder Party, and Shes My Collar), 1 or 2 of the intermissions,  and added Out of Body from the bonus cuts and the album is pretty awesome. 

It's really funny cause I would probably get rid of Carnival, Momentz, SMP, maybe even WTGP. I would definitely add Out of Body and Ticker Tape. Shame about SMP because live is surprisingly good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2017 at 7:42 PM, Professor Finn said:

It's looking like the Super deluxe got pushed back to October 20th... I'm fucking pissed

On 8/24/2017 at 7:46 PM, Lugubrious said:

Where did you read that?

On 8/24/2017 at 7:53 PM, lethalenforcer said:

The product pages on the official store says it - it got pushed to October a couple of weeks ago, actually.

update... it got pushed back to november 3rd now.