PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

4 hours ago, daegor said:

I love the idea of pulling an LP out of the box, carefully placing it on the turntable and queue up the track, sitting down and relaxing for 2 minutes and 14 seconds before getting back up to flip it over.

Completely agree. This release is the biggest joke I've seen since starting to collect vinyl. I could understand maybe a 6 LP set or something like that, but 14??!! Seriously?!! Beyond a joke.

6 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

Completely agree. This release is the biggest joke I've seen since starting to collect vinyl. I could understand maybe a 6 LP set or something like that, but 14??!! Seriously?!! Beyond a joke.

2015? Lol. It's dumb but way better than a fucking 7" set. I dunno why people hate on 12" singles they always sound so fuckin good with allthat free space and 45rpm.

I think it's dumber the bonus tracks aren't part of either the normal vinyl release or this crazy one. There's plenty of room to put this album on 3 sides and the extra tracks on the 4th.

46 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Anyone else get their signed copy yet? Mine came it and it's signed by Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn which was a surprise because I seen to remember it saying it was only being signed by Jamie Hewlett.

It made it just that bit more worth it.

Hoping it's the same dealo with the US signed version. That's awesome. And yes it was only supposed to be signed from Jamie so it's a great bonus especially with how bummed I was that they didn't get the boxset out to us before I got to meet Damon as well.

14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

It's dumb but way better than a fucking 7" set.

Equally dumb, 2-5 minutes per side is dumb regardless of the size of the record.

14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I dunno why people hate on 12" singles they always sound so fuckin good with allthat free space and 45rpm.

45rpm is rad, and there are reasons why you might not fill it up, the last couple minutes tend to result in (very minor) distortion.  But you can fill 15-20 minutes on each side without any risk of distortion, so there's no reason to put less.

And to your point, they could have included the bonus tracks (and cut the number of LPs in half while still being very generous with the room on each side.

3 hours ago, daegor said:

Equally dumb, 2-5 minutes per side is dumb regardless of the size of the record.

45rpm is rad, and there are reasons why you might not fill it up, the last couple minutes tend to result in (very minor) distortion.  But you can fill 15-20 minutes on each side without any risk of distortion, so there's no reason to put less.

And to your point, they could have included the bonus tracks (and cut the number of LPs in half while still being very generous with the room on each side.

I know what you can do with a record lol. It is a fact that the further the grooves are from each other the better a recording can sound. If you think 15-20 min on a side will sound the same as 2-5 minutes you are wrong. It's a dumb format for an album but 12" singles are infinitely better than 7". Plus the art is bigger.

10 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I know what you can do with a record lol. It is a fact that the further the grooves are from each other the better a recording can sound. If you think 15-20 min on a side will sound the same as 2-5 minutes you are wrong. It's a dumb format for an album but 12" singles are infinitely better than 7". Plus the art is bigger.

looks like they are just plain colored sleeves so the art is "art is bigger" is meaningless.

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

It lists this as a 1xLP; I don't think there is any way the whole album fits on 1xLP at anything near a fidelity that you want.  Probably a listing mistake for the CD.

Edited by thievedrelic

40 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Been waiting for a straight black variant, considering how many misprints and audio quality issues the red repress had...

I mean...you have to know it's going to just be the same plates and have the same issues as the rest, right?