PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

21 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

I believe it was mixed so "loud" that it was causing tonearms on inexpensive turntables to bounce out of the grooves. I may be mistaken. 

You know what, I'll look at this when I get off work. I got this from VMP last year but haven't spent much time with it. Never spun it with my good headphones but on my stereo it sounded fine. Now I'm curious.

52 minutes ago, OU818 said:

You know what, I'll look at this when I get off work. I got this from VMP last year but haven't spent much time with it. Never spun it with my good headphones but on my stereo it sounded fine. Now I'm curious.

Oh, the LP sounds fine, but it is noticeable bassier than most of my records.

I just vaguely recall that the bassier mastering was causing issues with cheap tonearms. I believe VMP was specifically requesting information about what turntable you were using if you requested a replacement copy. 

The VMP version was mixed incredibly hot. The preference for something 'cooler' would be personal in my opinion.

The locked groove issue exists, but appeared to impact a small percentage and was more noticeable on certain setups. A defect, but far from widespread. I love my red version and am happy others will be able to get in on this through traditional retailer means. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...