PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

40 minutes ago, Pupples said:

Did you? If so, kudos.

This thread is very entertaining. Thank you.

My biggest issue with the boxset is the usability of it. No doubt most Gorillaz fans will also purchase the standard or deluxe to have a non-annoying listening experience. The box ends up feeling like more of a novelty and collector's item than an actual DELUXE version. Hope most of the signed ones went to real Gorillaz fans so they can enjoy it. 

17 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

Am I the only one who isn't feeling any of these songs? None of them really sound very 'Gorillaz' to me

Considering that S/T, DD, and PB all have differently blended genres in all of their albums, I don't understand that statement. If you said that you're just not liking the direction they took this time, like alot of people said after PB came out, then that's understandable. Keep in mind the full album isn't even properly out. Might be a grower album for alot though.

Edited by Vector53

23 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Considering that S/T, DD, and PB all have differently blended genres in all of their albums, I don't understand that statement. If you said that you're just not liking the direction they took this time, like alot of people said after PB came out, then that's understandable. Keep in mind the full album isn't even properly out. Might be a grower album for alot though.

I just feel like Damon let guests take more control of the songs and I can barely hear his presence on the tracks released so far. I am hoping the whole album is more cohesive and maybe the tracks will flow better as a whole and all of the guest feautures aren't too much in the way, but from those songs released already I'm kind of disappointed 

3 hours ago, Codyoster said:

Am I the only one who isn't feeling any of these songs? None of them really sound very 'Gorillaz' to me

You know before seeing SaturnZ BarZ video(I didn't hear 3 other songs before(hallelujah money sucked big one)) I had a feeling, that it's gonna suck SO really hard(DD and 1st half of PB one of my favourite pieces of music). But when I saw and listened to it It felt really good! Yeah I prefer "Tomorrow comes today" more than "Rock Da House" but god damn Damon has changed so hard over these years and his music did and it's just fun because you never know what to expect from these Gorillaz rascals.)

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

That was my initial thought. 

I am really surprised that more people haven't picked up on the fact that that quite clearly seems to be the entire theme for this record, considering every single track save for one and four "interludes" have features and the damn album is called "Humanz".

15 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Thank you!

FYI, I just placed my preorder on Amazon UK, and my total was £40.39 shipped. ($50, give or take a few pennies)

Now, I'm off to cancel my Bullmoose order. ($77)

Edited by vinyl addict