PO Now: Gorillaz - Humanz (Also the 'OG' Discussion Thread)

On 06/04/2017 at 6:12 PM, Vector53 said:

Shaping up to be a real solid album. Definitely seems like Gorillaz is in the mindsets of a lot more folks compared to how it was during the Plastic Beach era. Especially when there is also this to keep in mind: 

So we might have another album come next year. Of course he did also say that about Plastic Beach 2/Sea-Sides but we're not gonna talk about that. <_<

Knowing Damon, he'll work on those tracks until 2023 :P

13 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Gorillaz are bringing the Demon Dayz fest to Chicago according to A new feature in Q magazine. 

Also forgot the other info:

GQ interview tidbits:

Jamie is working on a 10 episode Gorillaz tv series 
Demon Dayz is coming to Chicago 
Damon is recording a new TGTBTQ album

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. 

12 minutes ago, Vector53 said:

Also forgot the other info:

GQ interview tidbits:

Jamie is working on a 10 episode Gorillaz tv series 
Demon Dayz is coming to Chicago 
Damon is recording a new TGTBTQ album

A new TGTBTQ is the other thing I'm most excited about. Can't wait. 

Edited by timsimmons

15 minutes ago, natenomm said:

Yo, fuck the LiveNation app. I'm trying to figure out how to do the mobile app presale for their Chicago, and I can't even add artists to my favorites list to access it. Is there a presale code available anywhere yet? 

They usually send out the code a day before.  

Edited by djghost1976

3 minutes ago, EmeryRK said:

A vinyl rip. Very subpar. 

Normally I'd trust a vinyl rip but this one is really hollow--there's a severe lack of bass. I'm not gonna listen until a higher quality leak drops. It's possible the pressing just isn't dynamic but it's more likely the fault of the guy who ripped it.

12 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Normally I'd trust a vinyl rip but this one is really hollow--there's a severe lack of bass. I'm not gonna listen until a higher quality leak drops. It's possible the pressing just isn't dynamic but it's more likely the fault of the guy who ripped it.

I wont listen that much either until another one comes out but, it is a nice sneak peak of whats to come. Not complaining at all.

There's a better mix now floating out there. 

EDIT:

HOT DAMN THIS ALBUM IS GOOD. 

This album is going to turn some people off for its weird and dark mood that encapsulates the entire album. Top tracks after hearing it are Strobelite, Submission, and She's My Collar.

Edited by Vector53

1 hour ago, Vector53 said:

There's a better mix now floating out there. 

EDIT:

HOT DAMN THIS ALBUM IS GOOD. 

This album is going to turn some people off for its weird and dark mood that encapsulates the entire album. Top tracks after hearing it are Strobelite, Submission, and She's My Collar.

It isn't really that much better, some guy just messed with the levels of the initial rip in Audacity. It still isn't good enough that I'm gonna listen to it now, but if anyone's desperate to hear the album feel free to PM me for it.

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

It isn't really that much better, some guy just messed with the levels of the initial rip in Audacity. It still isn't good enough that I'm gonna listen to it now, but if anyone's desperate to hear the album feel free to PM me for it.

Talking about that Andy mix?